Junior Portfolio Manager
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Partners Group AG
What it's about
The Portfolio Management business unit is responsible for the strategic steering and portfolio management of the private market investment mandates of Partners Group. The group furthermore supports the acquisition & retention of institutional clients and distribution partners with an emphasis on segregated accounts, semi-liquid private market solutions and new product initiatives.
We are now looking to add an exceptional Professional to our growing practice, based in Zug. You will be part of the Portfolio Management team and have the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Portfolio implementation of private markets mandates and semi-liquid programs.
- Support in creating bespoke portfolio proposals for existing and new clients, focusing on strategic asset allocation, investment returns/risk and cash flow modelling.
- Together with senior portfolio managers and client sales professionals, support with client acquisition and retention.
- Operation and enhancement of proprietary private markets systems and models.
- Modelling and analysis of private markets data.
- Reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support in creating presentations for new and existing clients.
- University degree, ideally majoring in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or similar.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience, in banking, global markets, asset management, consulting or similar.
- Ideally a basic understanding of private markets investing, as well as principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to learn and succeed.
- High attention to detail and ability to deliver under pressure.
- Reliable team player.
- Progression towards or completion of a professional qualification (e.g. CFA, CAIA) desirable but not a requirement.
What we offer
- Entrepreneurial and international team, in a stimulating working environment.
- Growing segment of the financial industry with attractive long-term perspectives.
- Extensive training and education, provided both on the job and by specialised third parties.
- Challenging career path and opportunity to grow into a private markets portfolio manager role.
- Frequent interaction and visibility to senior management.
- Competitive salary with performance-oriented compensation models.
- Full benefits package.