Assistant Director, Software Engineer
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Moody's
The Moody's Analytics Insurance Modeling and Analytics department in Grenoble is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation of insurance regulatory products.
You will integrate our Agile team located in Grenoble, reporting to the Quality Lead
You will develop testing tools for the QA organization.
You main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand the needs expressed by Quality Analysts for Test Frameworks (allowing for test planning, design, execution and reporting)
- Code and test such tools based on the requirements captured by the users and the design formulated by our QA Architect
- Participate in the definition of best practices to exploit the tools
- Present, document and share the use of the developed tools
- Master's Degree in Computer Science plus experience or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science plus experience. An Assistant Director, Software Engineer with Moody's Analytics would typically have 3-5 years work experience post studies.
Academic knowledge of Software architecture and programming, Software Development methods, Web-based services technology architecture
- Hands-on experience in developing software
- Experience with the following technologies will be appreciated:
- Good knowledge of source control systems (such as Git) and continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins or TeamCity)
- Understanding of the purpose and use of software tests
- A knowledge of software testing tools (such as Cucumber, SpecFlow or Robot Framework) is a plus
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills to understand requirements and needs
- Ability to work autonomously and organize the tasks to be completed
- Aptitude and willingness for teamwork in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Intermediate level of English (B1-B2) with the ability and willingness to work in an English-speaking team
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.