Manager, International Supply Chain - Destination Operations (m/f)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Wayfair
The International Supply Chain (ISC) team is looking for a proven leader to drive a transformative redesign of our CastleGate Logistics network. This person will play a key role in a major ISC initiative to optimize our inbound operating model, own operational performance indicators and drive improved NPS across our supplier portfolio. As an integral member of this supply chain team, you ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of a very unique and proprietary furniture network as we continue to scale. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative minded leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep background in Supply Chain and Operations Innovation. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to lead part of one of our core operational functions.
Who we are:
The International Supply Chain is a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment (we grew X in the US during 2018). After having successfully piloted and scaled this business in the US, Wayfair EU is doing the same in building this new, but highly visible business line. Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies within the inbound space by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate, Logistics, and Engineering. We are working to grow our business, as this is the newest CastleGate supplier service, to hundreds of suppliers within the next few quarters.
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate is one of Wayfair s newest business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate:
What you will do:
- Manage a team of planners to design, implement and drive our inbound carrier strategy for Domestic & International Freight Solutions Operations. Provide inspirational leadership to support a group of highly motivated leaders.
- Own the operational and financial performance of a segment of the Freight Drayage Program
- Coordinate across teams globally to drive improvements and standardize global operations
- Design and implement operating models that will drive the future improvements of our operation
- Measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. This will be done through the use of both systematic and manually developed solutions. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external up to CEO level.
- Develop a close understanding of our Fulfillment Center business, ensuring we partner with them effectively to deliver on our commitments for a low cost, high NPS operating model.
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new ideas while developing relationships with new partners.
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics to monitor all aspects of the transportation process.
- In partnership with technology & business intelligence teams, drive a diverse roadmap of tech initiatives aimed at building the foundation of this supply chain solutions business for future scale.
- Partner closely with our Warehousing, Sales, Supplier Operations, Finance and many other teams to drive alignment while taking the lead on setting cross organization direction.
Who are we looking for?
Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. This person would be a self-starter and an excellent communicator and negotiator, with an ownership, results oriented mindset. A successful Manager would be adaptable, thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- A successful entrepreneur who has built similar or related product/service offerings, especially in the logistics space.
- An Innovative leader and self starter who is looking for an opportunity to manage an operating team and execution.
- Experience in supply chain and logistics.
- Strong analytical experience and comfortable operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Detailed oriented with a strong client or customer management experience skill set.
- Experience in consulting preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That s why we re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.