Head of EU Promotions Management
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Wayfair
Wayfair is looking for an experienced leader to head up our Promotions Management team for Europe. The Promotions Management team owns our promotional business for all countries and verticals, ensuring our premium real estate (Homepage, E-mail, TV etc. ) is continuously populated with content & products that engage and excite her.
The Promotions Management team partners very closely with our supplier base, developing promotional strategies tailored to their portfolio, driving awareness and exposure for their products, sourcing promotional funding & discounts and ultimately acting as a growth accelerant to our and their business. The team is tightly integrated with the Promotions Analytics team who provide technology & platform support, as well as the Promotions Experiences team which drive our overarching promotional calendar & develop new promotional vehicles. The work is highly cross-functional in nature, with touchpoints across Category Management, Operations and Merchandising to ensure a best-in-class promotional experience to our customers.
This is a high-profile role that drives the promotional success of the business and, in doing so, has a sizeable impact on both the top and bottom line (for Wayfair and for supplier partners). You need to manage & drive a complex and diverse business. You can keep many balls up in the air, and still enable a steady state for your teams. You need to be comfortable both going operationally deep as well as setting a sound strategic direction. You are motivated by insight and hypothesis-led. You are capable of making smart decisions based on limited data. You can lead, develop & inspire a senior team of vertical Promotions leads, as well as more junior team members. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity in a dynamic, high-growth environment. You are a charismatic influencer & negotiator, capable of mobilizing internal and external teams towards a common objective. You may not have depth in technology or creative, but you are eager to partner with these teams to enhance and productively disrupt our customer experience.
This role reports up to the European Director for Brand, Creative & Promotions, which is responsible for catapulting Wayfair into a leading and compelling brand of choice. The organization also includes Promotions Analytics, Promotions Experiences, Exclusive Brands, PR and the Creative group.What You'll Do
- Drive promotional strategy and exposure plans across all key product verticals; work directly with suppliers and Category Management leads to drive participation and source funding
- Manage, streamline & optimize the daily promotional event production process across verticals, including discount sourcing, event curation, imagery selection and exposure strategy
- Orchestrate large x-vertical negotiation pushes across the organization together with Cat Planning & Category Management (e.g., Q4, Way Day, Clearances, COGS wins)
- Drive standardization and automation across verticals, x-functionally & x-geographically vs US
- Drive alignment and coordination with Supply Chain and Operations teams to ensure our in-house and drop-ship fulfillment networks are prepared to support the promotional cadence
- Help shape a technology and innovation roadmap together with the Promotions Analytics & Promotions Experiences team; test and learn in to new experiences, new offers, new tactics
- Help shape an analytical learning agenda in partnership with the Pricing Analytics team
- Manage and develop a large and growing team of senior vertical leads & event buyers (~25 FTE)
- Prepare the Promotions Management organization for expansion into further European markets (org setup, processes, tools, interfaces)
- Masters, PhD or MBA degree from a top tier school
- Significant experience, preferably in management consulting or e-Commerce
- Proven track record of leadership and ownership, across a diverse set of responsibilities, with measurable results
- Strong negotiator and communicator
- Experience in and passion for building high performance teams
- Well-rounded thinker who gets excited to use both the left and right brain
- Strong interest in consumer behavior and home furnishings a plus
- Fluent in English and ideally German French, Spanish & Italian a plus
Wayfair is one of the world s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That s why we re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.