Manager- Supply Chain Projects & Analytics (m/f)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Wayfair
The Supply Chain Analytics team is Wayfair s internal Operations focused consulting group that seeks to make our Supply Chain run more efficiently (speed & costs) by generating insights from modeling, quantitative analysis and ultimately the creation of new tech products to steer the Wayfair Eu Supply Chain. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs and thought leader for the Wayfair Operations teams, ranging from Transportation & Logistics to Network Planning.
What You'll Do
- Be the leader of Supply Chain Cost Prediction Optimization in the EU, a challenging competence center and intersection of analytics and tech product management
- Derive the Supply Chain cost optimization strategy with analytics using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Leverage and lead a team of data scientists to generate the key insights to Supply Chain cost efficiencies
- Partner with various business stakeholders across Operations, Finance, Pricing, Product Management and Engineering to identify key factors to turn the cost optimization strategy into tech products that optimize product prices on storefront, or steer our supply chain
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments in Europe and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations
- Building a European carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for several millions of shipments a year
- Optimize the product pricing algorithms on storefront through accuracy improvements in ship cost estimations across the complex European distribution network
What You'll Need
- You have significant experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have a higher degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- Previous experience executing on analytical projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Previous experience in driving tech solutions in close collaboration with Product Management and Engineering
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Experienced leadership and talent development
- Technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
Wayfair is one of the world s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That s why we re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.