Senior Software Engineering Manager; Mid-level and Senior (m/f)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Wayfair
Who We Are
At Wayfair, we believe that everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items.
Wayfair is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to help us scale our teams and solutions, build the next generation of our systems in Logistics, Warehouse management systems, Partners portal, Payments and Merchandising engineering in Berlin, Germany.
What You'll Do
Effectively manage teams by having experience in building large-scale, data-intensive systems and a focus on customers, engineering, and operational excellence. You will lead and grow an engineering team that is responsible for design, development, and operations. You are a strong leader, you know how to prioritize, you re a clear communicator and you ve built results-oriented strong teams. We value creative engineering culture and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high-quality solutions.
- Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
- Strong leader, mentor, recruiter, and people manager
- Experience working with large scale systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Strong system design skills
- Bachelor's or Master s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience building and operating highly available services
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on system design experience
- Experience demonstrating an Agile mindset and working knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean-Agile
- DevOps mindset, experience working in teams with DevOps culture
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipelines
Nice to Haves:
- Multiple years of experience managing software development teams
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment
- Track record of contributions to product management and product development
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Extensive career and growth opportunities in a fast-growing technology & retail powerhouse
- Training & development, including world-class mentoring and tuition reimbursement for education relevant to your career
- Opportunity to travel to the Boston to work with your global peers
- Subsidized private pension fund (BAV)
- Subsidized gym membership (Urban Sports Club), free yoga classes and wellness weeks
- Subsidized public transport subscription
- Discounts on Wayfair.de for employee purchases
- Participation in conferences & meetups we organize and sponsor
Wayfair is one of the world s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That s why we re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.