(Associate) Director, Strategic Marketing Partnerships (m/f)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Wayfair
The (Associate) Director for Strategic Marketing Partnerships is a key role in Wayfair s EU marketing leadership team, responsible for building external partnerships that supplement our customer acquisition efforts and enhance our brand, and for owing our Direct Mail channel in UK and Germany.
You'll partner cross-functionally with senior leaders at Wayfair to develop a vision for Wayfair s EU partnerships, identify external partners, and secure mutually-valuable partnership agreements.
You'll also lead our Direct Mail channel in both the UK and Germany, which is critical to strengthening customer loyalty. You will lead an existing team and co-manage efficiency and scale. This will involve leading contractual negotiations with suppliers to optimize return on marketing spend and minimize supplier-concentration risk (for EU Direct Mail).
In summary if you are an analytically-minded leader who enjoys bringing structure to ambiguity, setting a vision and partnering with external and internal stakeholders to get high-impact stuff done in a fast-paced and high-growth environment, let s talk!
What You ll Do:
- Develop and own strategy for partnerships at Wayfair EU both thewhatand thehow
- Identify external partners, connect with them, determine mutually-valuable offerings, and secure formal binding agreements
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders from other departments at Wayfair to identify innovative partnership opportunities and value propositions for partners
- Scale Wayfair s Direct Mail channel in UK and Germany, while meeting efficiency targets
- Determine supplier mix for Direct Mail and negotiate agreements balancing economics, timelines, supplier-concentration risk etc.
- Deliver results in a timely manner to achieve strategic goals for Partnerships and Direct Mail
- Utilize rigorous test-and-learn methodology to shape your strategy over time
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing teams of analysts and managers
What You'll Need:
- E-commerce leader with proven track record in building out strategic partnerships; also open to senior management consultants from top tier firms looking to move into E-commerce
- Track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment; seasoned in managing tight timelines, complex dependencies, and succinct communication across teams
- High degree of fluency with advanced usage of Excel (e.g. pivot tables) is critical; while knowledge of SQL and other analytical tools a major plus
- Fluency in German (although we donotrequire native proficiency)
- Bachelors / Masters graduate with strong academic record (preferably in quantitative backgrounds: mathematics, sciences, engineering, economics, statistics, etc.)
Wayfair is one of the world s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That s why we re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.