Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification (IVVQ) Enginee
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Thales Alenia Space Deutschland GmbH
Thales Alenia Space in Germany specializes since 2011 in integrating, verifying, and qualifying large and complex ground segments, the design, development, and manufacturing of space payloads, ground simulators, test platforms, and electrical ground support equipment (EGSE).
We are currently looking for a dynamic and passionate Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) Engineer with a software- or system-engineering background to join our Galileo IVQ team within Thales Alenia Space Deutschland. Together with the IVQ team the IVQ Engineer will be responsible to prove the qualification status of the Galileo Ground Mission Segment (GMS) and the Galileo Security Facility (GSF) towards the customer.
- Generation of test procedures that fulfil the customer requirements
- Installation, integration and configuration of software and hardware deliveries
- Identification and follow-up of system anomalies arising from test and integration activities
- Execution of tests witnessed by end customer
- Production of test documentation including results and evidences
- Preparation of and participation in test-readiness reviews with the customer
- Contributing to, maintaining and extending the test environment and tools
- Supporting onsite integration and test in the Galileo Control Centres in Fucino (Italy) and Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany)
- Ability to travel and spend periods located on partner site in France necessary
- Degree in Engineering (System Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Proven experience of 3-5 years in design and development of medium and large hardware and software systems; previous experience in system integration and verification testing would be an advantage
- Experience in integration and verification testing of medium and large hardware and software systems; experience in classified systems verification would be an advantage
- Network expertise for configuration, architecture and analysis in a Linux or LynxOS environment, TCP/IP protocols, firewall and switch configuration and management is mandatory.
- Practical experience with database systems as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MariaDB
- Experience in setup, modification and usage of computer hardware and virtualisation
- Flexibility and the ability to work both independently and as part of a multicultural, English speaking team
- Ability to assess the technical environment, identify problems and propose solutions
- Fluency in English and German (both spoken and written)
- At Thales Alenia Space you work in an international environment based on team work, innovation and know-how.
- We invest in our employees' personal and professional development. Our internal Thales University at our Ditzingen site offers you a broad portfolio of training and further education programs.
- Professional equality between women and men of all nationalities are important to us.
- We promote a positive work-life balance and flexible working times.
- We have created special programs to encourage diversity and reconcile work and family, helping our employees to enjoy both their family lives and their exciting challenges with Thales Alenia Space.