Lead Engineer Mechanical design & Plastics Technology (m/f/x)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by ZEISS
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
- To take over technical responsibility for development projects in the field of intraocular lenses and implant systems
- To drive forward the development and enhancement of mechanical designs for these systems
- To contribute your creative powers to the identification of ground-breaking innovations
- To analyze product requirements and create product specifications with our product management
- Working closely with the project manager and as a member of an interdisciplinary team composed of development, product management, regulatory and clinical affairs, engineering and purchasing staff, to convert these ideas into successful products
- To form the interface between suppliers and Engineering with regard to manufacturing processes and plastics technology
- To develop and foster cooperation with external partners in manufacturing industry and research institutions
- A very good degree in mechanical engineering, plastics technology, medical technology, the natural sciences or comparable course of study
- 3 years professional experience, ideally in the development of medical products
- A passion for experimenting with fundamentally new ideas and approaches based on both theory and practice, and have demonstrated this, for example in a doctoral thesis
- Relevant experience in the development and design of complex plastic components and the related manufacturing Technologies (e.g. injection molding)
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills as well as a systematic, goal-oriented approach to solving of problems
- A high level of creativity, initiative and willingness to accept responsibility
- In-depth knowledge of the use of CAD construction software (ideally SolidWorks and Creo)
- Fluent written and spoken English and enjoy working on international teams
For 170 years, ZEISS has embodied a pioneering spirit and a pragmatic approach. ZEISS offers its employees a modern working environment, above-average benefits and a host of opportunities for further development.