Risk Controlling Manager (m/f/d)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Covestro Deutschland AG
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16.000 colleagues and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Risk Controlling Manager (m/f/d)
The CFO (Chief Financial Officer) Community manages Covestro's financial processes. It is also responsible for providing legal services and IT solutions to the company as a whole.
Within this division, we - Corporate Financial Controlling (CFC) - are responsible for the group-wide risk management and reporting processes, i.e. the holistic management of financial risks from identification and evaluation through to board reporting. In addition, we prepare the global financial and liquidity planning, process the group-wide financial flows and manage the global treasury system landscape.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for the development and implementation of our integrated risk management concept, including the risk strategy, and ensure the adequacy of our risk methodologies, i.a. foreign exchange and interest rate risks
- Furthermore, you will act as the central contact for the identification and evaluation of financial risks and be part of the team responsible for the design and on-going development of our forecasting and simulation models
- In addition, you will contribute directly to efficient solutions throughout target-oriented automatization of our reporting services
- You will support the implementation of regulatory requirements, e.g. IFRS 9-Hedge Accounting and support the new product process for financial instruments with regards to recognition and measurement
- You will also represent the department towards internal and external stakeholders
- Furthermore, you will lead and participate in global finance projects
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a university degree (Master) in mathematics or physics, alternatively in business administration with a quantitative focus or a comparable education
- You also have several years of professional experience in risk controlling, ideally gained in corporate treasury or in the financial sector in conjunction with a track record at project work within international teams
- In addition, you have profound knowledge of Excel (VBA) and are confident in the evaluation and processing of big data, ideally SQL and Python
- You have distinctive analytical skills combined with a structured, target-oriented approach in conjunction with high methodological competence and are able to communicate professionally and confidently across all hierarchical levels
- Furthermore, you have a strong self-motivation in connection with high social competence and team skills as well as the ability to work on challenging projects, to assess priorities and to develop and implement proactive solutions
- Fluent English, written and spoken, complete your profile
First questions will be answered by Ms Annika Karl, Phone: .
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please apply online via the 'Apply' button or at , submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation. Please also indicate your availability/notice period.
Covestro welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of racial or ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, religion, philosophy, gender, age, disability, appearance or sexual identity. We are committed to treating all applications fairly and avoiding discrimination