Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Baker Hughes
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Process and Pipeline Services, In-line Inspection group is looking for a Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state-of-the-art technologies in the energy industry. This hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations. The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility-both career and geographic.
- Conceptual design development utilizing advanced analytical tools including CAD and finite element analysis.
- Optimize design concepts to meet performance/reliability requirements and cost targets.
- Adherence to BHI design standards; BHI engineering change management, document control, and product development processes; regulatory and industry standards.
- Design for reliability, manufacturability, maintainability and survivability in the operating environmental conditions including shock, vibration, and high pressure
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be eligible to work in Germany
- Intermediate technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2D drafting) and the utilization of Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks and be flexible to changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- Practical experience in the above-mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
- Machine design experience with complex equipment
- Experience and/or knowledge of the in-line inspection industry.
- Experience with CREO, Solidworks, Inventor, Windchill and Oracle
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.