Quantitative Analyst / Developer (f/m/x)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Lendico Deutschland GmbH
The team at Lendico stands for combining sophisticated technology, in-depth finance understanding, and years of experience with streamlined processes and the courage to explore new things. We're better - and that is not only valued by our customers but also recognized with multiple awards by the finance industry.
- Develop new and enhance existing risk scorecards for credit decisions
- Comply with group governance and requirements for the development and lifecycle management of credit models
- Regularly monitor, assess and report model performance based on internal standards
- Create and maintain detailed model documentation
- Work closely with other risk model functions across the group
- Contact person for internal and external Audit and Regulators on the model related requests
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders, ensure effective and smooth communication
- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field, PhD degree would be a strong plus
- Working experience in Credit Risk modelling in financial institutions or Start-ups
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques (Support Vector Machines, Genetic Algorithms, Random Forests, K-Nearest Neighbour algorithm, Principal Component analysis etc.)
- More than 2 years of experience in building models (data cleaning, dependent variable selection, independent variable study and understanding, variable reduction, bivariate analysis, variables grouping, logistic/linear model build, model validation, KS/Lift study/PSI etc.)
- You have a sound knowledge of R, Matlab and other analytical tools (SQL, SRS)
- Fluent English - written and spoken, fluent German would be a plus
- Problem-solving centric attitude, ability to motivate and communicate effectively
- Start-up-compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity and reliability
- The possibility of working in a high-prestige role within Lendico and ING
- The potential of participating in building one of the future top market players in SME financing
- A steep learning curve in an innovative industry; including plenty of responsibility and conceptual freedom.
- Salary above market standard
- Extensive opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Fast track leadership opportunities in line with performance
- An international team of experts who inspire and support you
- An easily accessible and modern workplace in the centre of Berlin
- Regular get-togethers, team-building events, barbecues, and parties
- Typical start-up perks: soft drinks and snacks for free, language classes for German and English, company pension scheme, etc.
ING & Lendico
With ING on our side, we focus on what we do best: offer financing solutions for small and medium sized companies - fast, straightforward, inexpensive. For the past 50 years, ING has proved in Germany that they are different. We're doing the same - just not quite as long. That's why we are convinced that ING's corporate strategy in Germany and Lendico's digital, very efficient business model complement each other well and that together we can grow faster.