Head of Business Development (M/F/D)
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by ZyseMe
ZyseMe is solving fashion's overproduction problem through more inclusive sizing. We believe that ecological and economical sustainability are intrinsically linked, so we're creating healthier production chains by putting customers first.
The fashion industry is responsible for 10% of the world's greenhouse gases. Much of that is down to the mass production of standard sizes - from the production of clothes that will never be sold to huge online return rates owing to poor fit. But nobody even likes standard sizing. It's a compromise accepted for the sake of affordable clothes.
Our intuitive sizing tool empowers customers to get orders made to their unique size and style without taking measurements. We automate laborious pre-production steps so that orders can go straight into production - at scale and on demand. By producing only what's sold, we're eradicating the overproduction of standard sizes. That means massive reductions in waste, overstock and the CO2 emissions caused by returns. But also affordable clothes made to fit customers as individuals.
Our goals are ambitious but so are we. We are currently seeking like-minded individuals to expand our team as we develop initiatives for our first two retail partners - H&M and Hirmer.
This is a senior leadership role at ZyseMe. You will be working closely with our CEO and the rest of the team to build commercial success. It is both a strategic and operational role. Your responsibilities include:
- Structuring sales process, materials, reporting lines and infrastructure
- Developing clients from first contact to discussions, contract negotiation and closing, as well as implementation
- Managing and building the Business Development team
- Determining and implementing company strategy as part of the management team
- Supporting interactions with other external stakeholders (e.g., shareholders, investors)
We're building a team that's willing and able to take our company - and their careers - to the next level. We're looking for creative and proactive initiative takers who can think on their feet, solve problems fast, and own their mistakes.
Specifically for the role, we're looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- You have excellent communication skills in both German and English
- You have at least 4 years relevant work experience where:
- You worked at a startup where you experienced and contributed to strong sales growth
- You worked with external stakeholders through consulting or enterprise sales
- You worked in a key leadership or team management role
- You are quick on your feet, analytical and structured
- You are direct but perceptive and charismatic
- You want to build something exceptional and are prepared for what it takes
- You have a strong academic background, ideally in business, economics, engineering or similar fields
What we offer
- The opportunity to make a real impact on our environment
- A small but experienced, passionate and international team with global ambitions
- A supportive and nurturing work environment that emphasizes personal growth
- Full ownership of your projects and the opportunity to build a top-performing team
- Interdepartmental projects and opportunities to learn new skills outside of your comfort zone
- A cosy office in Berlin's famous Kulturbrauerei
- Regular team events and Friday drinks (obvs)