Build and Release Engineer
Posted on Nov 24, 2019 by Swisslinx
Build and Release Platform
The candidate will be responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control. The role provides communication and collaboration between software development and operations teams.
As a release engineer, the candidate will organize release schedules for software products; perform integration, oversee release deployment and generate release notes. The candidate will also be responsible for the maintenance of our software configuration processes and artefacts in Octopus.
Provisioning and maintaining target environments for the deployments will also be one of the candidate's responsibility. They will also play a key role in the alignment of our environments to ensure consistency. This includes planning, ordering and configuring the virtual servers, defining the firewall rules, setting up and configuring the Internet Information Service, as well as planning and configuring the security relevant requirements like AD service accounts, security groups, Kerberos, etc.
2nd Level Application Support
As part of the IT Operations team, the candidate will provide 2nd level application support. In this role if an issue cannot be resolved by the Key Business User or 1st level support team, following tasks are expected to be performed by the candidate:
- Ensures full details of the error are available
- With support of the various development teams, the error has to be traced from the point of discovery through the various application modules in order to discover its route cause
- Documents the solution or workaround in our Knowledge Base
- Strong experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Servers (TFS)
- Strong experience with Octopus Deploy
- Strong experience with Internet Information Server (IIS) and Kerberos
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration and T-SQL
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Good communication skills in German and English
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA