Project Management Higher Apprentice
Posted on Nov 26, 2019 by CV-Library
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is looking for an individual with the desire to learn and enthusiasm for a career in project management to join their Project Management Higher Apprenticeship Scheme in our Weapons business area. This is a challenging role that will be highly rewarding and will launch your career in Project Management. The successful candidate will be assigned a permanent role and will work at our Harlow facility. However, visits to other Raytheon UK and customer sites may be required.
Our Project Management Apprentices will be trained and developed and will work alongside our Project Management professionals. As an Apprentice you will be fully supported to achieve a Level 6 in Project Management which will take 48 months and includes off-site study with an accredited training provider plus onsite on the job training and development.
Our Project Management Apprenticeship Scheme includes the following training:
* Principles of Project Management
* Stakeholder and Communications Management
* Planning, Scheduling and Estimating
* Risk Management
* Financial and Cost Management
* Managing and Controlling the Project
* Earned Value Management
* Project Change Control
Successful Apprentices Gain:
* Level 6, equivalent to a BSc (Hons) Degree in Project Management
* Eligibility to become a full member of the Association of Project Management (APM), the Chartered Body for the Project Profession
* APM Project Management Qualification
* Support in Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
As an Apprentice in Project Management you’ll will be a member of a multi-discipline programme delivery team and will play a key part in the successful delivery of our diverse range of complex programmes on-time and within budget. Our Project Management apprentices will gain experience in:
* Scheduling using MS Project and project controls management.
* Performing analysis such as critical path, Earned Value analysis and Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA).
* Risk and Opportunity Management processes and identification
* Supporting project managers with analysis of trend data to support effective decision making and the associated provision of metrics for project reviews.
* Working with the customer to establish requirements.
* Planning the project lifecycle.
* Achieving all project goals on time, to budget and to the required quality.
* Exposure to Raytheon disciplines throughout the business.
The successful applicant will follow a structured career development plan which will include classroom and online training, delivered either at the workplace or with our accredited external training provider.
Typical monthly activity includes: 2 days at college, and 2 days of independent study including online learning, reading, assignments and evidence gathering.
* 6 GCSE’s including, English and Mathematics at grade 5/C or above
* A-levels, (or equivalent) with a minimum of 120 UCAS points. At least one of these qualifications should be in a numerate subject, e.g. a STEM subject, Business Studies or Economics etc.
* A logical thinker with attention to detail, and excellent problem solving ability
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Organised, disciplined, methodical, hardworking and a team player
* A keen interest in technology
* Able to use the MS Word, Excel and Office applications
* Eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve MoD security clearance
* Holder of a full UK Driving Licence
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites. Manchester and Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers