Legal Counsel - Asset Management
Posted on Dec 7, 2019 by Eurolux Consulting Ltd
- You will be responsible for drafting various legal documents supporting commercial issues relevant to the Management Company and the fund services business
- You will act as an expert to the business advising on the legal and regulatory changes impacting the business
- You will develop strong business relationships with clients and colleagues
- You will be involved in committees dealing with corporate governance, including business acceptance, risk management, regulatory change
- You will work closely with the global business in exchanging relevant market information and managing risk
- You will liaise with the sales and business development teams, providing legal advice where necessary on issues such as product launches
- You will ensure good relationships with other lawyers, global and local business teams, and become a valued adviser to the senior business management team.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Between 4 and 10 years of experience working in Luxembourg, in a legal role focused on asset management or funds services. (Any additional broader banking experience could be of interest).
- A confident grasp of the regulatory and legal issues affecting the Luxembourg funds industry, and broader relevant regulatory knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge of UCITS funds and/or Alternative funds
- Good regulatory knowledge AIFMD, UCITS, MIFID, PSD2, GDPR, etc. with the ability to manage legal risks
- Well organized and able to prioritize, able to manage relationships
- Fluent English and French
- Ability to work under pressure, with great interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply as a priority!
All applications are handled in the strictest confidence, and your data is never shared with any third party without your express consent.
EuroLux Consulting specialises in recruiting experienced professionals for the thriving Luxembourg financial and legal services market. We have a large network of highly skilled professional candidates and we collaborate with some of the highest calibre clients in the market.
Eurolux Consulting has been working in the Luxembourg market for a decade. We are committed to being market-leading experts, and indeed, our director has over 18 years' experience recruiting within the Luxembourg market. Our clients include banks, asset managers, ManCos, law firms, trust & corporate services companies, private equity firms, real estate management companies, investment companies, fintech and consulting companies, all based in Luxembourg.
We will consider each application and we will contact you if your profile may be a good fit for our client. By sending your CV, you are consenting to Eurolux reviewing and processing your data for the purpose of the recruitment process. If you do not consent to that, do not send us your CV.
Please note that we cannot respond to every application. If your profile is strong but not quite right for our client's current need, we may keep your CV on our internal database, and contact you when we have an interesting role that suits your profile and may be of interest. If you do not want us to do that, please let us know.
Our specialities: Fund Administration/Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Client Onboarding, AML/KYC, Regulatory Compliance, Client Services, Relationship Management, Internal Audit, Financial Accounting, Investment Control, Product Development, Product Management, Business Development, Project Management, Programme Management, Business Analysis, Fund Law, Corporate Law, Finance.
Asset classes include: traditional funds, alternative funds (regulated and unregulated), hold.co.s, Lux co.s, (UCITs, UCIs, OEICs, SICAVs, SIFs, SICARs, SICAFs, RAIFs, SPVs, SPFs, SCSp, Sarl, SA…)
If you require assistance in job seeking or information about the Luxembourg job market, please get in contact via tel: , or please go to or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.