Regional Engineering and Supply Lead - Ireland
Posted on Dec 20, 2019 by RNLI
Regional Base, Swords, Ireland
About The RNLI
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We are changing the way we support our delivery teams; part of this change is the introduction of Regional Leadership teams tasked with leading the delivery of an overarching regional plan. Led and overseen by the region's Lifesaving Manager, the team comprises Lifesaving, Engagement, Engineering & Supply, Water Safety and Support leadership roles. Each will lead the delivery of their specialist function within the region delivering to local priorities.
Ideal candidates will be those with the drive and leadership skills required to build, implement and operate this developing approach. This will include the need to regularly collaborate with their counterparts in the other 5 regions, developing common standard work whilst ensuring compliance to the central governance and guidance provided by the Poole Support Centre.
Some of the benefits
- Salary of c€60,198 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
As a Regional Engineering and Supply Lead, you will be tasked with focus on the following areas:
- Leading the engineering and supply functions for Assets and Supply Teams in the region as a critical member of the Regional Leadership Team and managing line reports
- Being an active member of the Regional Leadership Team and its planning function, demonstrating the highest levels of collaborative working, helping the development of a regional strategy
- Promoting and championing a positive safety culture and working collaboratively to identify and manage safety, health and environment risks, ensuring compliance with internal and external standards, policies and procedures
- Managing people, resources, finance and performance to ensure the delivery of the regional plan, delivery to budget and managing capacity within the regional team
- Ensuring effective contribution, implementation and adherence to:
- Engineering Design Authority
- Quality management system
- Regional asset through life planning
- Strategic Asset Management Plan
- Business planning
- Customer satisfaction levels
You'll be an effective self-motivated team player, with a strong and broad engineering and supply background and good communication and influencing skills to bring people together behind a single plan.
Ideally, you'll have some maritime experience and will relish the challenge of resolving technical queries outside of your comfort zone.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to develop their engineering management career as it will offer you the opportunity to deal with all aspects of equipment, mechanical, electrical, electronic, structural etc.
You will be familiar with the supporting documentation and processes across the whole product life cycle. You'll be able to handle time dependent demands so that we can keep our lifesaving assets on service.
You'll enjoy working on diverse projects with a mix of challenges and able to communicate at all levels. You'll be happy with travel, occasional nights away and supporting an on call / duty roster.
To be considered as the Regional Engineering and Supply Lead, you will need:
- An engineering degree qualification equivalent to the England, Wales & Northern Ireland qualification level 6 or higher as defined by UK Government or MCA Class 1 or RN Charge cert or equivalent relevant experience (for Republic of Ireland, level 7 or higher as defined by National Framework of qualifications)
- Considerable asset management, engineering and / or supply experience, ideally in a marine environment
- The ability to lead teams, their associated budgets and project delivery
Ideally, you will have a relevant H&S qualification, IOSH, NEBOSH or equivalent and a relevant audit qualification, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Regional Engineering Manager, Engineering Manager, Engineering Contracts Manager, Engineering Asset Manager, or Regional Contracts Manager.
Ideal candidates will live within the region and operate from a RNLI location. Regular travel across the region and presence in the Regional Base is required with occasional travel to other operating areas including Poole.
This post requires a valid driving licence. A vehicle will be made available to carry out your duties.
The closing date for this role is the 26th January 2020, with interviews being held the week commencing the 27th January 2020.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for the role of Regional Engineering and Supply Lead, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency