Lead Facilities Technician
Posted on Dec 20, 2019 by Anonymous
Manage and give instructions to sub-contractors under line manager control. Responsible for a team of technicians that will deliver installation works, maintenance and repairs to Mechanical and Electrical plant & equipment.
Flexibility is essential; you must be able to work shifts, weekends, & travel to offsite locations if requested.
Skills & Experience:
* Minimum 5 years' experience in Building Services Maintenance Contracting Environment
* Supervisory experience is an advantage
* Familiar with computer equipment & Microsoft Suite
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
* Fluent English - to operate systems and prepare reports
* To adhere to the Maintenance Management system in all engineering practices, including planned and reactive tasks, to meet and exceed the expectations of agreed service level agreements.
* Undertake small installation works, repairs to Mechanical and Electrical plant and equipment.
* Follow H & S procedures, using material safety instructions, permits to work, risk assessments & method statements where appropriate to do so.
* Ensure planned maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with the reactive task system & CAFM systems.
* Accountable for ensuring that building fabric maintenance activities are carried out, in compliance with the tasks as set out and Site SOPs, Processes, and any adopted procedures.
* When required to raise and issue a Change Control Notification.
* Initiate and receive Permits to Work in accordance with procedure. Be familiar with Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
* Install new building fabric equipment where instructed by line manager
* Ensure that all work orders are completed and issued and closed down in full compliance.
* Provide regular reports (daily, weekly, and monthly as required) to your line manager regarding all engineering team activity.
* Mechanical trade certificate
* Mechanical Engineering C&G Level 3
* Diploma in Mechanical Engineering of Building Services