Capital tooling Expert
Posted on Dec 21, 2019 by Rabobank
That we'll give you the opportunity to put your modelling skills to work at the very core of Rabobank's business? As a Capital Tooling Expert, you will take ownership of the development of tools and solutions that satisfy our customers and ambitions. You can make a difference by leading our capital tooling landscape into the future!
The tooling team is a sub team of Capital Adequacy & Scenario Analysis (CASA).
Making a difference
- Capital Tooling is at the core of our bank. The tools and solutions we develop are key leading to a broad interest from various stakeholders throughout the bank including senior management.
- You will have the opportunity to work with complex models and risk metrics, developing solutions that impact millions of customers. Capital Tooling includes for example our Capital Planning tool which is broadly used within the bank to assess the impact of strategic decisions taken by Senior Management on amongst others the profits and the capital position of the bank.
- You work together with modellers and IT developers and interact with a broad field of stakeholders outside our department to ensure proper embedding of the tools and solutions in the organization and to be aware of market and balance sheet developments. You do thorough analyses, and account for your work through comprehensive documentation and clear communication.
- You'll be on the front lines, presenting your own theories and taking your own initiatives to keep the bank moving forward. Representing the team internally and externally, e.g. in committees, boards or meetings with audit or regulator.
- As a medior / senior you are responsible for the coordination of larger projects, both for the direction in the project as well as well as the timelines on the project management side. You are comfortable making key decisions with minimum input and are able to present complex matter in a clear way to higher management, making sure a complete picture is being presented. You are pro-active in seeking efficiencies and identifying issues that transcend the current projects and serve as a coaching partner for more junior colleagues. Your technology stack consists of Python, Matlab, SQL and GIT, or comparable packages and programming languages.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our team brings talented people together to realise industry best practice models and the use of the results within the bank. With you as Capital Tooling Expert in the CASA team, the team will consist of about 30-35 diverse colleagues with a variety of seniority. With you as a member, the CASA Tooling team will consist of 8 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Salih, Senior Capital Tooling Expert: "The diversity and level of complexity of topics one is exposed to every day makes working in the CASA Tooling team very exciting."
If we were to ask your friends to describe you in a few key words, the answer would be: customer focused, collaborative, innovative, being a team player and good communication skills. For the position of Capital Tooling expert, you also have:
- A Master's or PhD in a quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, physics, or similar);
- At least three years' experience in a modelling environment;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, you are able to translate quantitative analysis into comprehensive information for higher management and business users;
- Good knowledge of Python or Matlab and preferably SQL and GIT
- Experienced with Agile, Scrum, Lean
- You are able capable of effectively organising, monitoring and coaching colleagues within multi-disciplinary projects.
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we are also working to make the world a better place? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Actively protecting our clients by ensuring that the funds we lend and the mortgages we provide are well within acceptable risk levels.
- Working toward a new generation of risk models that not only fulfil regulatory requirements, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to thrive. Safeguarding our investments in nature, culture, agriculture and development with risk models that sustain and advance the bank's position.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between € 3677,26 and € 6260,34 (depending on seniority and experience scaled in function group 9/10);
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Capital Tooling Expert and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht via the 'Apply' button.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Martin van Jole at mailto:
- Emanuela Mol, Corporate Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via mailto:
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment
Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated