Python Software Engineer
Posted on Dec 21, 2019 by bloomon
Salary: €50.000 - €70.000
Expires at: 2020-02-20
bloomon is an online-only flower delivery service with a difference. Since launching in 2014, we've gone from living room startup to iconic European flower brand at speed with our innovative digital business model. Our Amsterdam HQ is home to a diverse team of 80+ high-tech and highly-creative 'bloomies'.
We're looking for a Python Software Engineer to join then team. As part of bloomon's Product and Engineering team, you would be building the software that powers our business - you might be surprised at how much tech there is in flowers!
Your day-to-day at bloomon
Our developers are at the very core of our competitive edge: from helping our 100k+ active customer base effortlessly manage their bloomon experience, to ensuring our subscription platform is scaled up to meet a 10x increase in volume and complexity, to forecasting the exact number of Paradisaeidae needed for next month's delivery.
- Work alongside other developers, product designers, product owners and our broader team of supply chain experts, brand creatives and flower designers to solve real problems for customers and colleagues.
- Own and innovate our core subscription platform and algorithms: order generation, delivery management, invoicing, forecasting, customer data and analytics. Support daily operations whilst discovering and capitalising on opportunities that increase reliability, performance, and real-life efficiency. Ship code daily.
- You love the satisfaction that comes with knowing real people are benefiting from something you've created.
- You are curious about business processes and interested in solving operational problems through technology.
- You enjoy brainstorming with your colleagues to find the best trade-offs between quality, speed, and scope.
- Among your technical colleagues, you are known for "leaving the campsite better than you found it" because you're diligent about improving the codebase.
- You are excited by the idea of working on a huge variety of projects, including balancing the demands of supporting daily operations, steadily improving the product, and making step-changes to the technical platform.
- You value the shared working habits and processes that make for an effective team: writing good tests, giving and receiving code reviews, writing clear documentation, holding retrospectives, etc.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to help shape our technical platform and engineering culture as we grow.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 5 years' experience in software development
Tech we use
- Python, PHP, MySQL
- React, Redux, Node.js, RxJS
- Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, CircleCI, Docker
- Mendix (part of our Supply Chain stack but not your day-to-day)
- A high level of responsibility, autonomy, and level of impact from day one
- A competitive package and regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Annual allowance for personal development
- Modern work culture: no-meeting Wednesdays, flexibility to work from home, etc.
- Daily buffet lunch, team events and parties on our roof terrace, gym discount, mobile allowance, amazing free flowers and more.