Data Science Manager
Posted on Dec 22, 2019 by Anonymous
LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Salary: 90-110k EUR + Benefits
Please note: Must hold right to work in Ireland without sponorship/
Basic Job Function
This position exists to manage and grow a team of Data Scientists who work closely with Market Experts (head of pillars for Motor, Health, Life Home and Commercial Insurance), Product Management, Sales and customers to design and execute all phases of analytical projects from data acquisition to analysis to model development to production support.
This incumbent will manage client projects and balance day-to-day production assignments, research assignments and will contribute to the advancement of the group's analytical knowledge-base. The incumbent will provide tactical direction, oversight of team's work and present results to internal and external audiences.
* Proven experience as a people manager, 2+ years or more managing statistical modelers / Data Scientists.
* Very strong communication skills. We are looking for senior resource with excellent communication as he/she would be dealing a lot with our existing / potential customers. The Data Science manager of the analytics team will have to navigate through that and be able to explain our product/offerings in a calmly and confident manner.
· Provide consultative support, training, and be a resource to internal and external statistically trained and non-statistically trained audiences
· Provide consultation, training, and analysis to the sales support group on sales presentations and product demonstrations.
· Improve processes within the team to ensure future projects are efficiently accomplished.
· Summarise conclusions, recommendations and solutions for client or stakeholder presentation
· Build or supervise others to build statistical models, variable creation and complete various analytic projects for a variety of applications including risk, fraud, and/or collections in insurance, credit, and telecom. These projects will support internal development projects as well as client sponsored projects.
· Ensure risks inherent in model development and usage are properly identified and
· Engage with client analysts to specify and obtain all required inputs for analytics tool configuration, including the modeling solution.
· Allocate resources or respond directly to client questions, concerns, and project needs
· Utilize existing insights to develop a candidate set of variables for use as loss, conversion, retention, elasticity, or other predictors.
· Develop adequate test designs and periodic validation strategies as dictated by either internal mandate, regulatory or client desire.
· Identify trade-offs or approximations that result from the selected inputs. Identify, procure, and analyze client management reports, using these to reconcile tool output prior to use.
· Create models with a subset of these variables using advanced techniques including significance, correlation and fit testing, and variable transformations and Analytics modeling tools and R, Python or SAS as needed.
· Propose and create suitable GLMs for volume, endorsement, cancellation, and other models, addressing the nuances of the model purpose. Summarize results and present back to all stakeholders.
· Research and develop solutions including (but not limited to) user interface design, data analysis and transformation, model creation and analysis, premium rating, execution of data conversion scripts, licensing, and reporting. Understand breadth of related products and design appropriate interfaces.
· Keeps Senior Management apprised of progress through effective communication of status and next steps on all generic and custom model development efforts in support of sales opportunities and product development initiatives
· Hires, trains, retain, and motivate a team of highly insightful and customer focused Modeling resources.
· Master's Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or quantitative methods (or equivalent years' experience), Advanced degree and/or Actuarial designation preferred.
· Relevant experience in data analysis and manipulation, predictive modeling, and statistical analysis, including at least 2 -3 years in a lead or supervisory role.
· Applied modeling and analytics experience in applicable industry.
· Expert user of either SAS, SPSS, R, Python or equivalent analytic software.
· Thorough understanding of various statistical methodologies including linear regression, logistic regression, neural networks, and CHAID/CART.
· Good understanding of the regulatory environment, internal policies and procedures of perspective clients, and a keen understanding of the markets within which LNRM operates.
· Excellent analytical and project management skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including Customer-facing and teleconference presentation skills.
· Fluency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Ability to influence peers, subordinates, and superiors