Posted on Dec 24, 2019 by BinaryEdge
Expires at: 2020-02-23
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on our distributed data collection platform. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness across the platform.
- Be part of a remote team;
- Writing REST APIs on the back-end, and consuming them on the front-end;
- Writing back-end integrations with third-party services to aggregate data and process data;
- Systems and data engineering: due to the large amounts of data we collect, speed and efficiency are perpetual concerns for our multi-worker architecture.
- You will join our engineering team and work closely with our product design team. As such, this role comes with a significant amount of autonomy and responsibility. You should enjoy the challenge of building large, scalable infrastructure / components from the ground up.
- Review work done by other engineers;
- You are located in Portugal;
- 4/5 Years experience;
- Proficient in distributed systems architectures and implementation;
- Python and one or more of its web server frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django);
- Golang with a demonstrable understanding of core HTTP REST implementations;
- Unit and end-to-end testing;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data modeling;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git);
- Good English (spoken and written).
- Experience with Cloud Services;
- Experience with deployment automation and scalable infrastructure;
- Understanding of HTTP / REST security concepts, including common vulnerabilities;
- Solid technical skills in both information security architecture and penetration testing
- Knowledge on distributed processing systems like Spark, Storm, Kafka;
- Knowledge of other useful web technologies: Redux, Webpack, ES6, TypeScript, etc;
- Ability to work independently - you are allowed to work from home, a local cafe or your favorite place
- Flexible hours - this is not a 9-5 job, you have some flexibility in the hours you work, we understand that inspiration comes at different times for different people
- Once in a while, we all have get togethers somewhere in Portugal;