At Flow Traders (Full-time), in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Expires at: 2020-01-26
What will you work on?
C++ plays a critical role in our critical path (so called ultra-low latency path) from handling huge amounts of market data in reliable, and in the fastest possible manner, to making business decisions (trading strategies) to shooting huge amounts of orders back to the Exchanges.
We expect our new colleague to write code, create new designs and maintain existing applications with focus on low latency, and stability. Our business users are typically only a walk away, which helps to create short feedback loops and to see your changes provide value in the shortest time possible.
To enable that, we strive to follow best software engineering practices and are supported by the best working environment, latest technology and continuous support from all parts of Flow Traders organization.
How you do it
We work in small teams, grouped by business area. Each team is typically responsible for a set of related applications, and works in tight collaboration with business owners. We maintain libraries shared across the product groups to enable code re-use and to have a common view on application architecture. We write extensive unit tests, and have a QA team that supports us with integration testing. We follow agile practices, tailored to the problem area and preferred team approach.
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 2+ years of C++ development experience
- Core experience as a Software Engineer in C++
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Interest in achieving maximum performance from available hardware and software
- Ability to write clean, reliable and highly scalable code
- Ability to communicate with technical and business colleagues
- Fluency in English
We offer fantastic perks, such as:
· Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus;
· Flow Academy for continuous learning;
· Opportunities to attend domain-related conferences;
· We have our own in-house bar and gym, and a company boat;
· Free breakfast, lunch, snacks and amazing coffee;
· Table tennis, pool table, arcade and console games;
· A yearly company trip and Christmas party that exceed expectations;
· Fun team outings during the year;
· Nutritionist support, personal trainer, health checks;
· Weekly chair massage;
· And many more.