At Flow Traders (Full-time), in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Expires at: 2020-01-26
What will you do?
Software engineers in Flow Traders are working on applications that support the core business of the company. Our systems make it possible for Flow Traders to be present and competitive on exchanges worldwide. There is all kinds of code to write, from systems on (or close to) the critical path from receiving market data to placing orders, to systems handling huge amounts of data in reliable, performant and traceable manner.
Our future colleague will be writing code, creating new designs and maintaining existing applications with a focus on performance and stability. Our business users are typically only a walk away, which helps to create short feedback loops and to see your changes provide value in the shortest time possible.
To enable that, we strive to follow best software engineering practices and are supported by the best working environment, latest technology and continuous support from all parts of Flow Traders organisation.
How you do it
We work in small teams, grouped by business area. Each team is typically responsible for a set of related applications, and works in tight collaboration with business owners. We maintain libraries shared across the teams to enable code re-use and to have a common view on application architecture. We write extensive unit tests, and have a QA team that supports us with integration testing. We follow agile practices, tailored to the problem area and preferred team approach.
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- 3+ years post-graduation work experience
- Core Java experience
- Experience in parallel and multithreaded programming
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Interest in achieving maximum performance from available hardware and software
- Ability to communicate with technical and business colleagues
- Working experience in professional software development
- Fluency in English
We offer fantastic perks, such as:
· Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus;
· Flow Academy for continuous learning;
· Opportunities to attend domain-related conferences;
· We have our own in-house bar and gym, and a company boat;
· Free breakfast, lunch, snacks and amazing coffee;
· Table tennis, pool table, arcade and console games;
· A yearly company trip and Christmas party that exceed expectations;
· Fun team outings during the year;
· Nutritionist support, personal trainer, health checks;
· Weekly chair massage;
· And many more.