Junior Software Developer
Posted on Dec 27, 2019 by Xpand IT
Expires at: 2020-02-21
Everything we do is to inspire others to achieve outstanding results. We do this by investing in IT mastery to generate market value. As a global company specializing in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Data Science, Middleware, Digital Xperiences, and Collaboration and Development tools, we have top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With a posture of honesty and cooperation with more than 180 clients in the service area and more than 3000 that use our products in 76 different countries, Xpand IT is recognized for its technological knowledge and "Passion for Excellence".
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone's talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative human resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers and entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Junior Java Developer for the Xpand Add-ons family of products. Xpand Add-ons is an Xpand IT division that delivers World-Class Add-ons for Atlassian Products, more information about this team is available at .
In addition to advanced knowledge of software development practices, the candidate should also be someone with a particular interest in designing, implementing and improving software products. Whoever is selected, will work on projects from scratch to glory as well as in partnership with our customers, especially in the identification of new features.
A typical day of a Junior Software Developer, will go from:
- Design, develop and on time deliver applications and components;
- Work with the Product Manager, gain an understanding of the business requirements for assigned tasks;
- Work with Technical Lead, gain an understanding of design patterns, principles and standards to be followed in implementing assigned tasks;
- Recommend, design and implement on-going application and architectural improvements;
- Create and document design specifications and other technical documents as required;
- Understand and follows all coding standards;
- Create robust, well documented code.
Work in an Agile environment to incorporate technical product gaps that may be considered for inclusion in future product roadmaps, ensure cross-component communication and design with other developers, ensure scalable design implementations that focus on code/module/component reuse, are skills we expect but we will also help to develop.
Degree in Computer Science/IT or related field or equivalent experience
At least 1 year of professional experience
Solid knowledge and experience with Java development, including facility with Java frameworks (e.g. Spring)
Experience working with relational databases and SQL
Being able to use development methodologies (Scrum) and Tools (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
Innovation capacity, good communication skills and easy integration into working teams
Interest in open source technology
Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Possibility to travel through Europe (maximum period of 1 month)
… and above all "Passion for Excellence"
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Work in a software product team
- World-class customers
- Flexible work hours and partial remote work
- Relaxed work environment
- Fruit and coffee available
- Health insurance
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations
- Social and team building events
- Areas for leisure within the facilities
- Protocols and other local benefits