Java Back-end Developer
Posted on Dec 27, 2019 by Xpand IT
Expires at: 2020-02-23
Everything we do is to inspire others to achieve outstanding results. We do this by investing in IT mastery to generate market value. As a global company specializing in Big Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Data Science, Middleware, Digital Xperiences, and Collaboration and Development tools, we have top products and services used by Fortune 500 companies. With a posture of honesty and cooperation with more than 180 clients in the service area and more than 3000 that use our products in 76 different countries, Xpand IT is recognized for its technological knowledge and "Passion for Excellence".
At Xpand IT, everyone has a special talent. We value everyone's talent in all fields. Excellent technical experts, visionary designers, dynamic and communicative Human Resources team, innovative researchers, magical marketers, entrepreneurial managers. These are the people that are part of Xpand IT.
If you feel that Xpand IT is the right place for you, give us a call.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Java Backend Developer to complete our team.
With that in mind, we are looking for someone who is interested to contribute with their knowledge about the whole development cycle and its challenges, and always interested in growing and learning more.
You will be responsible for the development of solutions based on JAVA technology, while applying good practices like DRY and SOLID, because we believe in delivering excellent software solutions. You are expected to adapt to our XPAgile methodology, which is a mix between SCRUM and Xtreme Programming, in order to define tasks and priorities for your goals.
You can be part of a team that will help you to overcome your limits and that will always be with you! Your days can be spent working with the team in the office or the client, in Portugal or abroad, but one thing we always guarantee: our good work environment and the sharing of Xpand values. And do not kid yourself, our main goal is to make a difference and you can be part of it!
- Solid knowledge and a minimum of 3 years' experience in Java development (JSE and JEE)
- Experience in the design and implementation of multi-layer Web architectures
- We value experience in the following fields:
- Application / Web servers: Red Hat JBoss, Apache Tomcat, IBM Websphere
- Build Frameworks: Gradle and/or Maven
- Experience on Server Side frameworks such as Node.js
- Practical experience on related Database modelling (E/R Modelling)
- Being able to use development methodologies (Scrum) and Tools for Development Support (Confluence, JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Innovation capacity, good communication skills, and easy integration into working teams
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Possibility and willingness to travel though Europe (maximum period of 2 months)
… and above all "Passion for Excellence"
Besides a competitive salary and a variable bonus program according to the performance, we have a number of other benefits:
- Flexible work hours and partial/full remote work
- Relaxed work environment
- Fruit and coffee available
- Health insurance
- Training plan, adjusted to individual needs
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects in different locations
- Social and team building events
- Areas for leisure within the facilities
- Protocols and other local benefits