Posted on Dec 27, 2019 by Volkswagen Digital Solutions
Expires at: 2020-01-23
- Work in the context of automotive IoT, you will use DevOps principles to create, test and deploy backend solutions as well as internal tools using modern cloud infrastructure like AWS.
- Develop products, prototypes and MVPs for near-vehicle features - "features over the air" (FotA). For example: Over the air updates of map data or delivery of real-time traffic data.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for the products you build, including usage of hardware test setups consisting of parts of a real truck to validate combability with embedded systems. Hence, you will learn fast how to log into embedded Linux devices and how to change and debug the configuration.
- Develop/deploy/maintain automotive IoT backend microservices based on Java Spring Boot and powered by AWS. The application uses technologies like PostgreSQL, SQS, Kafka, MQTT and S3.
- If necessary, you will be able to write small test/prototyping programs in C/C++ to mock and check behavior in embedded Linux devices.
- Write testing tools in python and C++ to conduct manual/automatic software on embedded tests/hardware in the loop.
- Advise your team and other teams on all questions around backend and tool development in an automotive IoT environment.
- Take initiative to solve problems and overcome roadblocks, being the interface between electrical engineers, IT technology and user. You are a result-oriented individual.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or comparable job expertise.
- Relevant experience in the conception and implementation of complex software solutions in an international context.
- Good English skills, both written and spoken.
- Solid experience with Clean Code and Clean Architecture principles as well as common software design patterns.
- Solid experience with back-end development with focus on RESTful APIs, event-driven architecture (one/multiple of Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, MQTT) and integration into the last mile to the embedded world.
- Solid experience with server-side Java frameworks and implementation of projects with Spring Boot, and RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of languages like C/C++ and willingness to learn how to use them for embedded prototyping and testing.
- Experience with CI & CD, the use and integration of cloud services and with the use of cloud paradigms, like Infrastructure-as-code, use of PaaS, microservices architectures, continuous delivery, AWS solutions.
- Knowledge of Python for rapid prototyping and tooling as well as UNIX system configuration and tools.
What's in it for you…
- Be part of our amazing startup atmosphere and help of our local company culture, with the support of a solid international group
- An Agile environment where your ideas are welcome
- A very talented international team just as passionate and goal-oriented as you
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home if needed
- The opportunity to evolve with continuous training and constant feedback
- Access to Udemy
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Smartphone with voice/data plan
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea every day so you can be healthy and stay fueled for the day
- Hakuna Matata Sessions aka our weekly knowledge sharing session with snacks and beer to kick-off the weekend