Posted on Dec 27, 2019 by ELSA Corp.
Expires at: 2020-02-26
This role is to work as a contractor - which means you'll have to create your own company to provide services - with the possibility of internalization afterward.
Duration: Ongoing project, without an end date
Rate: 200 - 350€/day
You'll become a central piece of the newly created fast prototyping squad, charged with the task to quickly build and evaluate new product ideas and features in production.
The fast prototyping squad will work hand-on-hand with the core product engineers to integrate the new deployments into the core system while not disrupting the code quality and server robustness.
At ELSA we have developed our own backend infrastructure using a python-based stack that manages everything that happens in the apps (user profile and scoring, purchases, content management, etc.).
As a backend developer, you will be helping improve and optimize the backend infrastructure that communicates with the apps. You will be responsible for the implementation of the backend components needed for all new features we will implement into the apps.
- +3 years of experience in Python;
- Be curious and eager to learn, be a team player and be ready to put a lot of effort into the project;
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Experience with software architecture design to design and implement new features from scratch;
- Prior experience building the backend for end-customer products.
- Work at ELSA's Portugal office and experience how a Silicon Valley startup works
- Friendly and flexible work environment, no office politics
- Healthy food, teas, coffee and snacks in the office
- Experience a full diversity of cultures/languages across ELSA's 4 offices
- Experience a fast-growing and well funded Silicon Valley edTech startup
- Opportunity to work on a mission that can transform the lives of 1.5 Billion language learners around the World
- Opportunity to become an ELSA employee