Consultant - Quantitative Risk Management
Posted on Dec 28, 2019 by Finalyse
At Finalyse, our aim is to support our clients incorporating changes and innovations in valuation, risk and compliance. We share the ambition to contribute to a sustainable and resilient financial system. Facing these extraordinary challenges is what drives us every day. Our people are empowered to design and implement efficient value chains and pragmatic solutions. Acting as one team with our partners and clients, we bring a unique mix of financial and technological know-how. At Finalyse, every client and employee is unique. This distinctive blend of expertise, team spirit and fairness has contributed to more than 30 years of successful projects and trustful relationships.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You participate to or lead engagements of our Risk Advisory practice in the quantitative area for our banking and insurance clients
- You assist our clients in the modelling of their risks: credit risk, market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, ... from model design to model implementation while using the most advanced technologies or software packages
- You also participate to model validation assignments and provide our clients with adequate recommendations to improve their models and related processes
- Depending on your experience, you work as a member of our team of talented individuals or you will coordinate the workload in various projects while coaching more junior staff
In addition to this role, you will be able also:
- To build and maintain close relationships with our clients
- Participate in business development initiatives or internal projects
- Raise and market the Finalyse image in the financial industry through publications in our Regbrief, participation in external conferences or networking events
MUST HAVE requirements:
- You have an MA or MSc in econometrics, physics, mathematics, or applied economics with an academic track record in a quantitative field (PRM or FRM certification is a plus)
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in the banking or insurance sector
- You are familiar with banking products
- You have a first hands-on experience in the following areas: model development or model validation, etc.
- You demonstrate relevant regulatory knowledge (e.g. credit risk, market risk, …)
- You are familiar with specific packages like Python and R
- You are able to work autonomously in a result-oriented environment;
- You are fluent in Dutch (both verbal and written)
- You have good communication, writing and presentation skills in English;
- You are open to travel inside Europe.
- The opportunity to join young, dynamic and passionate colleagues recognised for their expertise
- An excellent working environment, offering you the opportunity to define your own specialisation and career within our flat and flexible structure
- A competitive remuneration package with flexible working arrangements
- Extensive training programmes adapted to your personal needs, both on technical matters as well as on softs skills
- The opportunity to take initiatives and responsibilities quickly in a fast growing company
- Travel opportunities inside European countries
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€40k - €80k Annual