Senior Quantity Surveyor
Posted on Dec 28, 2019 by Anonymous
* Hold a degree in construction Economics or Quantity Surveying
* Minimum 7 years' QS experience
* Ability to price and estimate project
* Ability to agree final accounts, negotiations with sub-contractors
Role and responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Analyse blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
* All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
* Managing Grad/Junior and Project Surveyors
* Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
* Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
* Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
* Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, managing issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
* Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
* Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
* Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
* Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
* Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost date to be effective on cost reduction