Senior Engineer - Water Projects
Posted on Dec 28, 2019 by Anonymous
Senior Engineer Vacancy
Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor
* Degree in Civil Engineering
* 5+ years' experience with a civil engineering contractor
* Must be able to liaise with senior management, key clients, and the public
* Assist the Project Manager in the running of the project
* Manage Junior Engineers
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Supervise assistant and site engineers
* Assist with temporary works design schemes
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
* Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
* Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
* Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
* Ensure effective & appropriate communication with the commercial team regarding all issues with a contractual/commercial implication
Give Ian Doyle a call on (phone number removed) if you would like to hear more about this and other roles available with DesignBuild Search