MEP BIM Engineer
Posted on Dec 29, 2019 by Anonymous
The company in question is a very progressive firm who delivers high quality, innovative engineering solutions for their clients. Leaders in BIM technology, they were the first level 2 certified MEP consultancy firm in Ireland.
They have three offices - Dublin, London and Cork. This position is based in the Dublin office. For the position they need a MEP BIM Engineer with experience in producing drawings using 3D modelling.
The ideal candidate will be somebody who has excellent working ability on BIM but also understands the main concepts of mechanical / HVAC design engineering.
* 3+ years' experience in an MEP Consultancy firm is ideal. Less or more will be considered
* Ideally, 3 years' experience producing drawings using a 3D modelling tool, with 2 years using REVIT MEP.
* BIM experience is required
* Project experience in Residential, Commercial, Educational and Healthcare and Industrial projects.
* Diploma/Certificate in BIM or Engineering, Revit training desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Strong working knowledge of the practicalities of mechanical and HVAC design, and the ability to make informed design decisions.
* An understanding of the overall workings of BIM modelling is essential, and the ability to fill in for senior staff when required, e.g. model set-up and management.
* Confident in liaising with design team members across offices.
* Basic understanding of Lean principles.
* Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple jobs/tasks.
* Drives excellence through high-quality work output.
* A proactive approach to work, with a strong team spirit.
* Builds strong relationships.
* Confident to speak up and make decisions.
Give Ian Doyle a call on (phone number removed) if you would like to hear more about this and other roles available with DesignBuild Search