Senior Specialist Due Diligence
Posted on Dec 30, 2019 by Schroders Investment Management
AML/KYC Specialist (M/F)
Who we're looking for
We in the distribution control department are looking for colleague with a strong team spirit and flexible way of thinking as we have to perform a lot of researches and analysis. We are responsible for the client on boarding and the performance of the initial due diligence as well the on going ones. We are all curious, interesting in delivery high quality reports the management cn use to take decision. Ideally our future colleague should have a god understanding of distribution in the UCIT space as well as investors in specialised vehicules. We all speak different languages in order to cover all the reagion Schroders sells products, it would be great if the candidate could complete our world language coverage English being a must!
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We are a team of 7 and a long time student from the university of Limerick. We have in common:
- We like AML topics and are not afraid of regulation
- We all speak English
- We like working for an asset manager
- We support each other in case of urgency
- We like technology especially when it can ease our daily work (robo, artificial intelligence are just great!)
- We all like good food, nice time together and travelling
What you'll do
As a team member you will:
- Evaluate the risk of Intermediaries and their network prior to entering into a business relationship as well as on an on-going basis;
- Analyse the sales and operating model (covering marketing activities) of Intermediaries in relation to Schroders Europe funds, in particular cross-border distribution, as well as local marketing rules for unregistered funds during the onboarding and ongoing due diligence exercises;
- Review of the Intermediaries' AML/CTF policies and other relevant investors' documents on a case by case basis;
- Assist Client Support Managers (CSMs) and our worldwide based Sales Offices (SOs) in their communication with the investors with regards to Schroders Europe KYC requirements, by providing the overview and clarifications of the Luxembourg AML/CTF legal framework and relevant legislation;
- Assist CSMs and SOs on agreement negotiation related subjects, where required, ensuring that AML/CTF wording is adequate and complete, and if necessary, interact with Legal and Compliance departments;
- Provide advice on new distribution channels, associated risks and possible mitigations
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that you need
It would help you if:
- You come from an AML/KYC environment with a minimum of 3 years experience;
- You have a good knowledge and understanding of the Luxembourg AML/CTF and fund distribution regulatory framework;
- You are a strong team player with excellent communication skills;
- You hold a degree in law;
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written), another European language (such as French, Spanish and Italian) would be an asset;
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word.
What you'll be like
- You are a decision taker with solution oriented mind-set, capable of taking initiatives;
- You are able to multi-task, work under pressure with respect to the deadlines;
- You are able to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
To apply, please visit .