Sustainable Finance Senior Consultant (m/f) - Job based in Luxembourg
Posted on Dec 30, 2019 by Deloitte
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in our services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals across the globe. These help our professionals understand what is expected from them and to focus on their personal development.
Get to know more about Deloitte.
Visit our Facebook page, LinkedIn page or website.
Deloitte Luxembourg, with around 2,300 employees and with more than 70 nationalities, is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world's leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. Every day our multidisciplinary teams work together to offer innovative solutions to our clients' complex issues. At the heart of Europe, Luxembourg is a cosmopolitan economic center. The thriving diverse cultural life, the many sporting activities and its vast open spaces make Luxembourg unique and a great place to live.
Your future team
Our Sustainability Services practice in Luxembourg is looking for a motivated and high performing Senior Consultant/Manager to promote and deliver our sustainability advisory services mostly for the financial industry.
You will apply core finance knowledge in an advisory context to assist our clients in enabling the success of their sustainable finance strategy with a focus on development of ESG and other SRI products, non-financial performance analysis, sustainability risks integration, reporting, compliance with EU regulatory context, etc.
As a result of the diverse nature of the work you will often find yourself working with other professionals with tax, corporate finance, risk, and consulting expertise. You will have the opportunity to genuinely help our clients, and make a real contribution as we grow by bringing your point of view and energy to the team.
Your next challenge
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Set up of ESG (environment, social and governance) strategy and products and SRI (socially responsible Investment), ESG Due Diligences and Risk analysis.
- Follow developments in the area of sustainable finance and emerging regulations (e.g. EU Action Plan on Sustainable Finance)
- Monitoring new green/social/sustainable data and performance
- Drive market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Lead the successful planning and execution of projects
- Build strong client relationships, internal networks and play a significant part in new business proposals
- Collaborate effectively across Deloitte functions to deliver on client needs
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients in order to promote the Sustainability practice
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Effectively manage engagement teams and mentor and develop junior members
- Contributes to the growth of the team by creating a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains talents
- Master degree in finance, economics or business management with a specialization in sustainable or environmental finance
- Min 5 years of industry, consulting or auditing experience, in progressive roles associated with sustainability/ESG (environmental, social, governance) matters
- Enjoy working with clients to identify new solutions and business opportunities, have a desire to learn, and thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks and work independently
- Good communication skills with the ability to develop strong client relationships and the capacity to research, analyse and present information
- Accurate, detail-oriented and reliable
- Aptitude to communicate effectively in English and French
- Work with recognized experts and be part of a dynamic team delivering cutting-edge solutions to our clients
- Enjoy flexible work arrangement
- Have the possibility to work on assignments abroad
- Team up with dynamic and energetic professionals within a challenging and knowledge sharing environment