Investment Funds Officer (f/m/d)
Posted on Dec 30, 2019 by Deutsche Börse AG
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the largest exchange organisations worldwide. It organises markets characterised by integrity, transparency and safety for investors who invest capital and for companies that raise capital - markets on which professional traders buy and sell financial instruments according to clear rules and under strict supervision. With its services and systems, Deutsche Börse Group ensures the functioning of these markets and a level playing field for all participants - worldwide.
However, Deutsche Börse Group's products and services are by no means limited to trading "as such": its business areas cover the entire value chain in the financial services sector, ranging from pre-IPO services and the admission of securities, through trading, clearing and settlement to custody services and other financial instruments, along with collateral and liquidity management. Additionally, the Group provides IT services, indices and market data worldwide.
Group Company: Clearstream Services Luxembourg
Investment Funds Officer (f/m/d)
Full-time | Permanent
Field of activity
Clearstream's Investment Funds Services enable banks and other investment fund distributors to move towards standardisation, automation and straight-through processing of investment fund orders. Being part of the Investment Funds Vestima Service Design and Implementation Team the Vestima Onboarding Team is responsible for the technical onboarding of new Vestima customers. During the initial phase of the customer lifecycle, they are the single point of contact for the customer, analysing requirements, defining the best best-fit with CBL systems and services, implementing the service and managing the transfer of assets. Managing a portfolio of diverse customer onboarding projects, the Vestima Onboarding officer is interfacing with different teams and locations in Clearstream to coordinate a smooth transition of the customer from intial sign-on to BAU. For customers in BAU, the Vestima Service Design and Implementation team manages changes to their setup, adding, modifying or terminating functionalities or services. As part of a small team, the Vestima Onboarding officer shares in the operational responsibilities to implement these changes as required.
To succeed in their role, the onboarding officer is able to understand the customers processes and take ownership for the onboarding. She/He will detect obstacles in time; have the technical knowledge to identify solutions, the operational discipline and involvement to ensure faultless execution and the customer-facing skills to communicate these.
- Take ownership of the onboarding process for a portfolio of diverse customers, guiding them through the technically challenging onboarding process in the most efficient and risk-free manner possible
- Manage the end to end Customer on-boarding process: scoping, technical set up, migration planning, execution of portfolio transfers
- Collect, analyse, process and implement operational data required for onboarding, such as securities position data or ordering data including agent codes
- Build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with our customers
- Support the team in the implementation of required changes to services and set-ups
- Support the team in customer data maintenance tasks as required
- Support the team in SWIFT 20022 testing & implementation as required
- University degree ideally in finance or economics
- Minimum of 2/3 years of relevant experience in the fund industry, ideally in the Fund Distribution or Transfer Agency
- Excellent communication skills gained through experience in a client-facing role
- The ability to deliver convincing and targeted presentations and effective customer trainings
- Sound analytical skills as well as a good understanding of the investment funds industry and the ability to understand and anticipate customers technical and business requirements and needs.
- Strong organisation skills, ability to manage assignments from beginning to end
- Pro-activity, initiative, goal-orientation
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Accuracy and operational discipline to ensure faultless execution.
- Curiosity, flexibility, ability to maintain up to date knowledge
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German and/or French. Any other language is an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and experience of data management and system interfaces
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile. There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international working environment and a broad variety of career opportunities. Applications from disabled persons are welcome.
Are you interested in working with a pleasant and very dedicated team? Convince us with an appealing application. Please use our online application portal.
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources
Keywords: finance; funds