General Manager - Galvin at Windows
Posted on Dec 31, 2019 by Hilton Worldwide, Inc.
- Follow Along To See Our #HiltonWorkPerks
Your chance to join our accolade winning team and high profile restaurant, renowned for its modern French haute cuisine with Korean influences. Restaurant Galvin at Windows and it's bar 10° are located on the 28th floor on top of the London Hilton on Park Lane, boosting spectacular views over London. The menu is created by Chef patron Chris Galvin and Head Chef Joo Won and an impeccable service is offered by a Team of highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals.
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of Great places to work, this is not just a job - we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Interested in learning more or to hear it straight from our team? Click on the link below:
What will I be doing as a General Manager at Galvin at Windows?
- Responsible for managing all Restaurant and Bar operations to deliver unrivalled guest experience, with a focus on quality, creativity and authenticity.
- Maintain an awareness of consumer trends and competitor activity to ensure our propositions maintain their relevance.
- Ensure that menu and bar pricing is market led, relevant and engineered to deliver optimal profit.
- Work with the Chef Patron and Head Chef to develop approaches and propositions to drive additional revenue / profit for the department
- Overcoming barriers that limit business performance and the implementation of change
- Produce the monthly rolling forecast with commercial focus back up - margin
- movement and payroll explanations
- Develop short, medium and long term sales, marketing and promotional plans for the Restaurant and Bar
- Execute the tactical elements and action plans that support the hotel's F&B strategy / business plan
- Maintain productivity and expense performance in line with targeted improvement.
- Responsible for continually checking that guest service standards are set, implemented and monitored in line with set standards
- Maintain a high customer service focus and convey this attitude to all team members
- Promote, establish and maintain a regular customer base and ensure all information is communicated to staff
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance of all team members
- To ensure effective communication by attending meetings as required and holding staff meetings and briefings on a regular basis to impart information
- Ensure that all team members are fully equipped with the tools, skills, behaviours and knowledge required before customer contact
- Responsible for recruitment, team engagement and retention activities within the department
- Conduct and oversee regular performance reviews for all staff, ensuring feedback is fair, detailed constructive and considered and ensuring appropriate follow-up actions are agreed •Actively working to build strong and effective working relationships with colleagues, advisors and stakeholders at an emotional level
What are we looking for?
- Michelin starred restaurant experience (preferably as General Manager or equivalent)
- An inspiring Leader, able to motivate and guide a large team to consistently exceed Guests' expectations
- Significant experience and a record of success in Food and Beverage, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
- Willingness to demonstrate passion, pride, integrity and urgency in your everyday work
- Experience in project management and in creating and executing of short and medium term commercial action plans
- Ability to comply with and implement all Food and Beverage brand standards
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask as required
- Impeccably groomed at all times
- Willingness to develop team members and create a culture of continuous growth
- Flexibility to respond and adapt to a range of different work situations
To apply for this role
- We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview followed by a Personality Index test and a final interview.
- In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage
Hilton London on Park Lane Hotel
Follow Along To See Our #HiltonWorkPerks