Posted on Dec 31, 2019 by Anonymous
The Financial Accountant is a key position within the finance team, being responsible for the financial reporting, working with the management team and across all business units and reporting to the Financial Controller.
The essential duties and responsibilities are as follows;
* Ensure that the books and records of the organisation are maintained accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with Irish & US GAAP.
* Maintain the Chart of Accounts
* Ensure month end is closed off and next month is opened in a timely manner
* Responsible for fixed asset accounting and co-ordinating the capital approval process.
* Assisting in R&D project accounting and tracking of R&D spend
* Provides support for lean and cost improvement initiatives.
* Leading grant submission claims
* Completion of timely revenue returns including CSO returns as required
* Project work as required
* Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts including business unit analysis and necessary supporting schedules. Responsible for completing the financial reporting template supported by appropriate documentation and records which are in compliance with SOX.
* Assist in the delivery of a clean opinion for US & Irish GAAP accounts.
* Assist in the delivery of internal controls (SOX) audit
Budgeting and forecasting
* Supports the annual budgeting/3-year plan process across the organisation along with forecasting requirements
Cash flow and working capital management
* Ensuring cash-flow and working capital is monitored and managed internally
Health & Safety
* Ensure requirements of Pharma safety statement are implemented
* Continuously promote a positive safety culture by leading by example
* Conduct monthly Health and Safety inspections & checks
* Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards, conforming to company, cGMP, cGLP, SOP's, regulatory guidelines, safety and environmental standards.
Key skills and qualifications
* Professional Qualification by a recognised Accountancy body.
* 2/3 years post qualification experience, within pharma/manufacturing experience an advantage
* Strong analytical abilities
* Experience using ERP software packages
* Good communication and team building skills
* Detail oriented with extreme accuracy
* Extensive spreadsheet analysis knowledge and strong mathematical abilities
* Ability to work and lead cross-functionally, when required.
* Collaborative skills in resolving customer, partner and internal challenges/issues
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.