Shareholder Engagement Internship
Posted on Dec 31, 2019 by Generali Investments Partners
This activity consists of identifying key ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) issues at major holdings of the Group, putting together, with relevant stakeholders in the Group, a robust engagement case, meeting the companies while explaining our approach and expressing expectations, monitoring evolutions, triggering escalation actions and reporting actions internally.
• Research, analyze and report on company identified risks
• Cross team work with Portfolio Managers , SRI, Voting and Credit analysts to gather insights
• Build business cases to represent issues detected
• Participate to meetings with issuers
• Monitor evolutions of issuers
• Contribute to prepare relevant internal committee material to enable informed decision making
• Contribute to prepare relevant reporting material
• Populate knowledge management database using experience gained through engagement activities
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Law and equivalent
• Previous working experience in the finance sector
Skill & Competencies
• Understanding of and/or strong interest in the financial services industry, Governance topics and SRI/RI market;
• Ability to deliver cutting edge research through excellent writing, analysis and communication skills;
• Ability to identify relevant signals from an issuer being the sign of real problems. Meticulous and attentive to detail;
• Ability to identify key issues in an organization;
• Negotiation skills;
• Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task.
• Advanced English (spoken and written);
• Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PPT;
• Dedicated approach to teamwork and ability to contribute to team effort.