Senior Consultant Supply Chain Planning
Posted on Jan 1, 2020 by Deloitte
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing management consulting, accounting and auditing services and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice has a strong reputation and track record in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary competencies, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a whole range of companies.
Our services are delivered by exceptional consulting professionals who are encouraged to share knowledge and insights. We have strong values that recognize diversity, collaboration and the growth of the individual.
What we expect from you
- Work on projects, in Belgium or abroad, with multinational clients to improve their Supply Chain Planning / S&OP activities and supporting processes. Examples of projects are:
- Strategic Supply Chain Planning diagnostics to define a business case and an improvement roadmap for the next 0,5 to 3 years
- Supply Network Planning study highlighting improvements and recommendations in order to best leverage the distribution network while decreasing working capital investment and increasing service levels
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) assessment and / or implementation, focusing on defining the right process governance and supporting systems, and working with senior client leaders from various functional departments
- Demand planning and statistical forecasting improvements
- (Multi-echelon) inventory optimization
- Production scheduling optimization
- Activities during projects mainly consist of performing thorough research & analyses (qualitative and quantitative), synthesizing results into recommendations for our clients and support them during the implementation of identified recommendations
- Act as a true team player in the project team and collaborate with different functions at our client's site: Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Sales & Marketing, HR, IT, etc.
- Support the team on business development activities by helping in developing sales offers, managing relationships with business partners, supporting the development of articles and point of views, etc.
- Coach junior colleagues
- State-of-the-art and proven frameworks, methodologies and tools in the field of Supply Chain management, project management, enterprise value delivery, etc.
- A leading Supply Chain practice including the EMEA Supply Chain Planning leadership
- Unrivalled multi-disciplinary capability - Deloitte can draw from a pool of industry and functional experts, complemented where needed with specialists from our audit, tax & legal, accounting, and enterprise risk
- Local presence with a global reach - Deloitte's depth and spread of global Consulting operations addresses our clients' needs for global solutions
- Being part of a well-developed Supply Chain Planning team, well connected in the EMEA and global supply chain network
- Working for multinational organisations in diverse industries such as Consumer Business, Life Sciences, Chemicals, Industrial Manufacturing, Automotive, etc.
- Broadening your consulting skills to provide a pragmatic approach to complex problems at all levels in our client's organization and to develop value-added solutions with a real business impact
- Deepening your expertise in Supply Chain Planning / S&OP by linking with our experts in each sub-offering
Preferably, you have a Master's degree in Engineering or Economics and at least 5 years of relevant (consulting) experience in Supply Chain Planning and / or S&OP. Experiences in one or more of the following fields is an advantage:
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) - Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
- Demand Planning / Statistical forecasting
- (Multi-echelon) inventory optimization and / or supporting statistics
- Supply network planning / distribution planning
- Production scheduling
- Cost to serve and financial Supply Chain
- Business user or implementation experience with a Supply Chain Planning tool (APS - Advanced Planning System, e.g. SAP APO, IBP on HANA, OM Partners, Logility, JDA,…)
- Supply Chain reporting / analytics
Having an APICS or other Supply Chain / Operations certificate is a plus.
In addition, you are a team player with strong communication skills, and you have an intellectual curiosity combined with outstanding analytical skills. We are looking for professionals that are open to work in an international environment, abroad if needed. In terms of languages, you are fluent in English, and a good knowledge of Dutch or French is an additional advantage.
Reach out to us today and tell us about your ambitions!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.