Supply Chain Manager
Posted on Jan 1, 2020 by Deloitte
What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
The supply chain begins with sourcing raw material and finishes when the end-product reaches the customer. But there are multiple elements within this flow and how it's all connected is critical to the business. If it's inefficient, so is the organisation. We get that. That's why our multidisciplinary team of supply chain specialists assists our clients in leveraging their supply chain as a strategic capability and source of competitive advantage rather than focusing on functional excellence.
Work you'll do
- You'll work on projects such as working capital optimisation, global supply chain transformation, and supply chain network design to improve our clients' supply chains
- You'll perform thorough research and analyses (qualitative and quantitative), facilitate workshops and client discussions, synthesize results into recommendations for our clients and support them during the implementation of identified recommendations
- You'll act as a true team player in the project team and collaborate with different functions (Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, HR, IT, etc.) at our client's site
- You'll assume the final responsibility for projects in terms of quality, budget and timing, and manage and coach a team of consultants
- You'll actively participate in the development of the practice by helping to acquire new clients and projects
- You'll leverage knowledge of solutions and past experiences with other clients to support sales pursuits and drive new business
- You'll contribute to eminence building in the supply chain community in Belgium by developing and refining methodologies and actively contributing to both internal and external marketing activities and events
- You'll drive talent and firm initiatives for developing our people and business in general
- You'll be part of the SC&O leadership team, co-steering the strategy and direction of our Supply Chain & Operations practice and offerings
- You have at least 7 to 10 years of relevant (consulting) experience in one or more of the following areas: supply chain network and footprint (re)design; inventory management and optimisation; supply chain cost and profitability management (cost-to-serve, portfolio optimisation, cost-of-complexity); sourcing and procurement; sales & operations planning, demand management, supply chain process optimisation; operational excellence, Lean Six Sigma
- Your experience encompasses concept development, project implementation and change management in the above-mentioned areas
- You have a master's degree in engineering or economics. Having an APICS certificate is an asset.
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- You are intellectually curious and have outstanding analytical skills
- You are eager to work in an international environment, and willing to travel on an ad-hoc basis
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch or French with a good basic knowledge of the other language
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You'll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You'll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.