Strategy Consultant Public Sector
Posted on Jan 1, 2020 by Deloitte
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing management consulting, accounting and auditing services and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Visit us at
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and record of accomplishment as Business Transformation Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
Deloitte's Public Sector Strategy & Operations team focuses on bringing outstanding value to a range of public sector clients, based on deep industry expertise. Our most important public sector clients are the European Institutions and European Agencies, EUROCONTROL, United Nations, NATO, federal and regional government (Flemish, Walloon and Brussels Government) and local government.
Our key services for public sector clients, are:
- Strategic advice to public sector leaders on how to build sustainable organisations
- Innovating the business model, developing strategies focused on transforming the way public organisations are dealing with their stakeholders and customers
- Optimising public organisations core processes by using innovative techniques such as advanced analytics, robotics, cognitive technologies and collaboration tools
- Helping public organisations to improve their strategic planning and programming processes, optimizing the way they monitor strategy execution
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of public organisations, helping them demonstrate how they deliver added value to citizens and businesses
- Measuring administrative burden, assessing improvement options and suggesting simplification opportunities.
A Consultant Public Sector Strategy & Operations, you will help our clients address business-critical issues, and support public sector decision-makers in finding solutions to complex problems. You will contribute to a wide range of national & international projects on different levels and in different sectors of the public sector - which keeps the job ever dynamic. You will:
- Have quality conversations with clients at different levels, including C-suite, where your strong strategic knowledge will be a huge added value;
- Give solid strategic advice to our clients, by bringing top-notch expertise to the table;
- Deliver results independently, including leading the approach, liaising with stakeholders, and directing activities of people on the project team;
- Be a key member of the Service Line's Management Team, contributing with innovative ideas to continue to develop new services for our clients, help execute our growth strategy and actively participate in initiatives aimed to bring out the best in our people.
- You have a knack for giving strategic advice, and have strong analytical & problem-solving skills;
- You have strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex ideas to all levels of an organization, and effectively lead and manage all key stakeholders;
- You have excellent people management and development skills with a strong focus on team development;
- You have the ability to lead and direct large and cross functional teams;
- You have a talent for being stress-resistant, flexible and eager to learn;
- You have a fluent comment of English, written and spoken, as well as of French and Dutch;
- You have good insights in or a keen interest in the public sector landscape;
- You have proven experience in at least 2 of the following domains: strategy development, strategic planning, strategic performance management, business process management, cost reduction, efficiency improvement, lean, administrative burden;
- You have excellent command of written and spoken English plus either French or Dutch is an absolute must;
- You have a university degree - a relevant post-graduate degree is an asset.
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.