Posted on Jan 1, 2020 by Standard Chartered Bank
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Client Manager is pivotal in the Client Coverage Team and is responsible for delivering exceptional account management internally and supporting the Coverage Team in its external client communication. The Client Manager is proactively managing day to day activities, to ensure the highest level of client support and relationship health. The Client Manager will support the Senior Bankers on an aligned client portfolio and strategy to ensure strong client execution.
- Provide direct support to the Senior Bankers and Coverage Team for the assigned client portfolio primarily for Southern Europe as follows:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (KYC), credit applications, credit requests and credit monitoring, as well as flow maintenance.
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, Senior Bankers and Product Partners to understand and respond to any opportunities/issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on activities like documentation, account maintenance, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, the Back-Office (BO) and Middle-Office (MO) teams, Credit Analysts and Approvers, Legal and Compliance and relevant Operational Teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the Client Manager Team Lead for follow up as relevant
- Documentation: Credit (existing deals - Renewals/Amendments) & Others like accounts opening forms
- Liaise with Legal & Compliance, BO and MO teams and Clients on standard documentation processes
- Obtain necessary approvals for Terms & Conditions deviations on standard documentation from the relevant authorizers as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate credit limits are correctly loaded/reflected in systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimized and rectified in a timely manner
- Liaise with MO and Coverage if required on KYC related items
- Ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data from a quality control perspective i.e. correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in our systems
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to relevant teams
- Review and follow up on Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports with Operations
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions
- Attend Credit Review meetings as appropriate and participate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required
- Provide support on other projects as assigned ie Coverage Client Surveys, other business initiatives like portfolio presentation
- Support Network Delivery through documentation facilitation (passporting)
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations
- Co-ordinate with Operations and relevant teams to rectify any operational related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Form (SIFs) wherever required within authority
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the SCB AG's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the SCB AG operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's and SCB AG's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group and SCB AG's Code of Conduct
- Lead the France Global Banking IC team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Management Board and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
- Senior Bankers/Bankers for designated portfolio
- Credit Analyst and Credit for designated portfolio
- Product partners (cash, trade, Fx, rates, DCM…) for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners ie MO, Credit, Legal, Compliance, Product Operiations (Trade, Cash, FM Operations etc), Finance, Marketing
- Client Manager Team Lead
- Segment Leadership team
- Legal firms, Auditors
- Banks (in case of syndicated transactions)
- Market Data Services providers
- Segment Leadership team
- Embed Here for good and SCB AG's brand and values in France Global Banking IC,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under SCB AG, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Relevant experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager role
- Languages: English and/or Italian, Spanish, French skills will be appreciated
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.