Team Assistant - Financial Markets
Posted on Jan 1, 2020 by Standard Chartered Bank
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Control & Governance
• Drive and monitor FM adherence to relevant procedures, group policy and compliance requirements (eg: Block leave policy, code of conduct, gift policy etc.)
• Undertake adhoc reviews within the business unit and escalate findings and/or breaches to Regional Head of FM and BORM, when they occur (eg VPN, system access,)
• Ensure the appropriate physical and system access is granted to the relevant FM staff
• Manage all dealing room access and approval process. Maintain visitor log.
• Manage the voice record retrieval process within the dealing room and facilitate the playback requests.
• Working with security on security matters as relating to the dealing room access for both during and outside working hours.
• To prepare the restricted office hours report and to ensure that all staff access are reviewed by relevant Line Managers and the final consolidated report presented to FM Head.
• Ensure transfer/Leaver access has been revoked in a timely manner and reports are uploaded onto FM COO SharePoint.
• Work with global Dealing Room Managers/Administrators to ensure a global standard approach to resolution
Dealing Room Operational Readiness
• Ensure applications, hardware and bandwidth capacity are sized proactively to support the business effectively and that upgrades are managed adequately
• Take responsibility for all physical, building and IT security matters that relate to the dealing room
• Maintain dealing room seating plan and responsible for dealing room capacity management
• Coordination with all dealing room functions and be a centralized contact for FM interacting with Country Management teams
• Ensure dealing room general well-being, health and safety is adhering to bank's policies and guidelines.
• To co-ordinate all the dealing room moves in collaboration with FMIS and Business.
• Perform regular checks on dealing room equipment to ensure dealing room guidelines are adhere and where applicable, work with FMIS to address and resolve such issues.
• Ensure that FM has robust Business continuity / Disaster recovery plans in place - Act as Departmental Contingency Coordinator (DCC) for FM. Coordinate all BCP activities as per Group guidelines and ensure all BCP reporting is completed. Ensure BCP site is maintained in full working order by conducting regular tests to ensure all equipment is in good working order.
• Provide administrative support to FM & DCM teams both in Paris and Frankfurt including travel booking, travel & expenses, invoices, diary management
• Complete New Joiner/Movers/Leavers checklist
• Maintain the relevant Distribution Lists related to Dealing room activities and supervisors
• Lodge invoices for all dealing room related expenses (leased lines/BAU maintenance) and raise epro for payments processing
Our Ideal Candidate
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills -oral, written and presentation
• A self starter who is curious and willing to learn
• Attention to detail and diligence in execution
• Confidence to interact with senior managers, but still willing to get stuck into the detail
• Experience of consulting and influencing others within the Bank and at more senior levels.
• Knowledge of Group standards and reporting requirements.
• Ability and experience to evaluate business situations and determine the key risks which the business faces.
• A proven disciplined and risk conscious approach to this business.
• Knowledge of Financial Markets products preferred
• Fluency in French and English is mandatory. German would be a plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.