Finance Manager (m/f/d)
Posted on Jan 6, 2020 by Mobius Labs
We give the magic of sight to machines!
Mobius Labs builds market-leading Computer Vision solutions to understand images and video. Our proprietary technology empowers businesses around the world to scale, automate and enhance how they work with visual content. Our technology, licensed as a software development kit (SDK), runs seamlessly and integrates effortlessly into any business workflows.
We are looking for a reliable, proficient and energetic Financial Manager who will oversee our day-to-day financial activities, gather insights into the state of our business affairs, and offer advice to upper management on future scenarios.
- Overseeing cashflow and other financial instruments within the organization by:
- Structuring and defining the reporting structure to be compatible with German legal structure and company policies
- Preparing Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements regularly in monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Implementing and managing an internal or cloud accounting system that can produce reports compatible with both with legal and company requirements
- Preparing financial due diligence documentation to support potential investments that the company may receive
- Ensuring compliance with German tax, legal and corporate laws
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company by:
- Managing payroll along with the Steuerberater
- Managing invoicing, and other transactions
- Working with the sales team to manage order books, systematic issuing of invoices and customer communication
- Developing trends and projections for company finances by:
- Preparing accurate forecasts
- Analyzing markets for business opportunities by conducting data analysis and building models that can accurately quantify risk and reward
- Organize and present findings using modern software tools that can communicate the truth behind numbers and future potential in the most effective way to stake holders with various levels of expertise.
- Optimizing operations by:
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk
- Defining and implement budget plans by:
- Developing long-term strategies for smooth operations of the company
- Working with and informing the management team on the financial and commercial impact of various strategies the company wants to pursue
- Supervising others in the finance department
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field of study.
- Strong knowledge of German Charted Accounting system.
- Strong accounting and financial modeling skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a down-to-earth attitude, tech-saviness, a willingness to learn from and support your co-workers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment (previous experience in a startup a huge plus).
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) in both English and German.
At Mobius Labs we create, productize and commercialize ground-breaking scientific solutions. We build with an incredible passion for technology and a desire to the empower human spirit. This has resulted in an amazing environment that will be the catalyst for developing your skills, honing your leadership style, and inspiring you to grow alongside some of the by the world's best Computer Vision experts.
At our core, Mobius Labs is a deeply human organization. Diversity, empathy, and understanding sit among our core values. We offer flexible working hours, free drinks, great company, and plenty of good times.
The current team consists of 19 people, from 15 nationalities, who are highly driven, talented, experienced - and fun! Each one of us brings something unique to the table. We are looking forward to your contribution to our story, professionally, personally and individually.