Team Lead Back-End (m/f/d)
Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by Raisin
Expires at: 2020-02-19
We are a dynamic, successful, and fast growing FinTech company based in Berlin, that aims to making savings and investments digitally accessible to improve customer benefit. Our goal is to provide customers all over Europe with simple, secure, and profitable savings and investment products without barriers. We have received more than €195 million in funding from well-known investors including Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, Index Ventures, Yuri Milner, Tom Stafford and PayPal.
Raisin has been very successful over the last few years at delighting it's customers through enabling deposits and investments without barriers across the EU.
For further development and expansion of our successful business, Raisin is looking for highly motivated, smart and driven engineering leads to complement our team in Berlin. As a Java developer here, you will be working on our online banking system together with an international team of top developers.
- Lead a team of backend software engineers
- Strong hands-on contribution in a cross-functional team
- Lead, plan and execute technical projects in an agile environment
- Providing core services and high quality solutions for a large scale online platform
- Contribute to an efficient development environment and optimal workflows for the whole engineering organization
- Set standards, document guidelines and share best practices to ensure continuous learning and knowledge transfer
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related fields or equivalent practical experience
- You bring at least 3 years of leadership experience
- You know how to manage software projects to a successful delivery in a collaborative way
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to guide teams towards a common goal in a fast-paced international environment
- Strong hands-on experience (5y) as Java software developer
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle in a Java-based landscape
- You are comfortable with very open code and architecture discussions
- You are an open-minded and creative team player
- Writing clean, maintainable and well-documented code comes naturally - we strongly believe in Uncle Bob
- Fluency in English, German language skills are a plus though not mandatory
Be part of a diverse team of more than 34 different nationalities, who strongly believes in agile cross-functional methods, collaboration and appreciation in our daily work.
- Relocation and visa support as well as a relocation reimbursement
- Personal training budget of 1,700 € and four full training days
- Free choice of hardware
- Beginner German classes directly at the office and financial support for acquiring a language certificate
- Hungry all the time? Breakfast, snacks, daily fresh fruit as well as drinks are provided
- Flexible working hours, home office and 28 vacation days
- Enjoy more than 50+ different sports with Urban Sports Club: We subsidize your membership with more than 20 € per month
- We offer you a company pension scheme (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge), which we support with 20 %
- Enjoy yearly company retreats to exciting European cities and other team events, such as Lunch Lottery, Tech Lunch, Xletix and Raisin Ladies Events