Scala Engineer (Platform Team) (m/f/x)
Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by commercetools
Expires at: 2020-01-30
Here you would work with enthusiastic, senior developers in an agile, international environment with modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #Scala).
Your colleagues would be e.g. Oleg, who built the GraphQL Library in Scala , Arnaud, who builds the acceptance-test library Cornichon , and Yann, who organises Scala meet-ups.
- Design and implement our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings, product indexing and web service APIs
- Develop a scalable and multi-tenant architecture
- Analyse product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality and performance and work closely with Product Management and DevOps
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification
- At least 4 years experience as a Software Engineer
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing and fail over)
- Fluent English for work in international (distributed) teams
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player & nice colleague
- Mindset: Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative work-space with an open and international culture
- Product: Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies
- Growth: Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company
- Environment: Flexible and family friendly, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware
- Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.