Senior Cost Manager (Quantity Surveyor)
Posted on Jan 8, 2020 by Anonymous
6-10 Years' Experience
Salary: €60k+ DOE
At the start of 2020 DesignBuild Search have a number of Quantity Surveying requirements in the Dublin Region. We are working with a number of Cost & Project Management Consultancies who are currently in the market for Senior Level Cost Managers & Quantity Surveyors. Locations include Dublin City Centre & South Dublin.
What you will need for this role:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics, or similar
* 6-10 years' relevant experience
* You will ideally be chartered or nearing chartered status
* Excellent client facing skills
Typical duties & responsibilities:
* All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
* Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
* Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
* Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
* Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, managing issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
* Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
* Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
* Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
* Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
* Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost date to be effective on cost reduction