Junior Quantity Surveyor
Posted on Jan 9, 2020 by Anonymous
Our Client is a leading Ireland-based construction consultancy that has built their reputation on providing exceptional cost management, project management, due diligence and advisory services to blue-chip companies across various sectors.
Our Client has an ongoing portfolio of work that includes data centres, large scale residential, student accommodation, commercial, hotel & leisure, and healthcare projects ranging from €20M - €100M.
The role is based in Dublin with projects located in either Dublin or Cork, and the role reports to the Director of Project Management.
This is an excellent opportunity for a client-side Junior Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a market-leading consultancy in the early years of your career, to be involved in some of Ireland's most prestigious projects, to work within a forward-thinking company and a set-up that brings the best out of their employees, and where the team culture comprises excellent support, mentoring, and leadership to showcase individual talent for a balanced multi-disciplinary team that delivers.
Working days / time and Salary
* 5 day working week and 22 days' annual leave.
* Salary is €Negotiable plus an exceptional host of benefits from the best tech and gym membership to training and mentoring, and award programmes.
* Support the quantity surveying and commercial managers.
* Assist the quantity surveying and /or commercial manager(s) team on any matter relating to cost control and cost management.
* Prepare / manage expressions of interest.
* Prepare tender documents and manage assigned tenders or work packages.
* Review interim application and provide feedback to the lead quantity surveyor(s).
* Assist with the compilation of information on the commercial status of work that may be used for internal and external reporting.
* Manage the cost control and commercial management of assigned works packages.
Essential experience & qualifications
* Educated to degree level (RICS qualifying).
* Graduate to 3 years' experience.
* Excellent command of the English language.
* An excellent communicator, both written and oral.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Entitled to work in the EU.
Desirable experience & qualifications
* BSc in Quantity Surveying, or Building / Construction Economics.
* Experience gained working for a developer, cost consultancy, and / or project management services provider, but all experience considered.
* RICS APC registered or willingness to commence