Backbone Network Engineer
Posted on Jan 23, 2020 by Skillbase Group Ltd
A leading telecoms company are searching for a Backbone Engineer to design, test and implement technical solutions on their IP/MPLS Backbone & Service Network.
Required skills & experience:
- Large Service Provider Carrier Networks architectures
- IPv4 & IPv6 & Routing protocols (BGP, MP-BGP, ISIS, MPLS)
- MPLS, MPLS Layer 2 &Layer3 VPN, Traffic Engineering, FRR, 6(v)PE
- Segment Routing
- BGP Routing policies and Route Reflector configurations
- QoS design and configurations
- Switched network environments
- IP Sec configurations
- Carrier Ethernet architectures and OAM
- IP-Transit architectures and traffic management
- Netflow, SNMP & Syslogs
- Traffic inspection, optimization & caching
- Securing IP Networks
- Knowledge and experience of large Service Provider Carrier Network is a must
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-code principles, being able to use Ansible, write python scripts for network actions .
- Knowledge/Experience with CI/CD (automated testing, version control)
- Knowledge/Experience programmable interfaces on Network equipment eg RESTful API's, netconf/yang, ...
- Knowledge/Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions.
- Optical technologies (WDM, OTN, SDH), MPLS-TP, GMPLS
- Network simulation & network modelling
- Knowledge of Voice and Mobile technologies is a plus (SIP, SMPP, SS7, Diameter, GPRS, GRX, GTP, etc)
- Hands on experience with: Cisco NCS, ISR and ASR1k portfolio/Nokia SR 7750 Routers, IXR portfolio.
For further details on this exciting long term mission please send your CV or call us today.
( MPLS, Layer2, Layer3, BGP, Routing, Ethernet, Cisco, Alcatel/Nokia )