SOA Middleware Architect
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
SOA Middleware Architect
€435 per day
12-month ongoing contract
My Client are a globally leading Organization and are looking for an English-speaking Architect to join their ongoing project in Belgium. You will be integrated into the team where you will work closely with the IT team on site.
- Propose systems, components and/or services architecture (eg SOA, ESB, MDM, Legacy, framework, security), COTS software products, standards and/or evaluate technical offers from contractors
- Make proposals for architecture governance and/or evaluate technical offers from contractors
- Investigate and recommend solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementation s duration), and/or evaluate technical solutions proposed by contractors
- Understand, apply and suggest improvements of EC methodologies (eg TEMPO, RUP, CoRA), security policies, tools, best practices, etc.
- Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfil the system s requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability, business continuity and disaster recovery planning)
- Ensure that the systems, components and/or services design is consistent with the applied architecture (eg consistency with frameworks)
- Analyse the integration of different information systems and ensure their interoperability
- Participate in brainstorming, meetings and workshops
- Follow up technology and services evolution in the relevant areas, produce, review and evaluate technical documents
- Study of adequacy and impact of new technology or new versions of COTS/OSS on the systems
- University degree with relevant experience in complex IT environment
- At least 7 years of experience as an IT architect, out of which 4 years of specialised experience, in areas mentioned below:
- Design of complex systems, including requirements analysis, identification of alternative solutions and their assessment, technology selection and configuration;
- Technical design of SOA Middleware platforms including, but not limited to, web services, web application Servers, Enterprise Service Bus, database technologies, message queueing services, XML, SOAP, REST, messaging patterns, storage and backup services, application infrastructure services and related domains
- Knowledge of Oracle COTS (eg OAG/AAG, OHS, OSB, OSR, OAM, OIM, OUD, Weblogic, RAC, Dataguard, SOA Suite)
- Service-mindedness and autonomy are required, as well as inter-personal skills, including working in a multicultural environment or public administration, and ability to report on complex technical issues
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, able to communicate complex technical information in a way that can be understood by non-technical people - required
- Demonstrate ability to write business cases and/or vision documents, design documents and diagrams, (mpp) planning schedules, notes, presentations, minutes etc. - required
- Experience with architecture modelling tools (eg ARIS) is an asset
- Any industry certification in the domain of project management or architecture (eg PMBOK, PRINCE2, TOGAF, Archimate) is an asset
- IT security knowledge or certifications are an asset (ISO 27000 series, ISC² certifications
- Experience in producing designs of complex systems, including requirements analysis, solutions' proposal and their assessment, technology selection and configuration is an asset.
This is an opportunity to work for an exciting and dynamic Company working on a long-term major project in an international, multilingual environment where you can add real presence to the team whilst the role offers a fantastic package
Interviews being held very quickly, so if you are interested - apply or send your CV.